Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   9500 Mile update (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/9500-mile-update-63790.html)

2014GC 08-06-2013 09:51 PM

9500 Mile update

Back in the dealer for the second time for erratic ATC, UConnect flash,tail gate align,Air bag light, Right front tire wear and the tranny flash per the TSB. Tomorrow will be day three.
When I dropped it off the service writer said he was not aware of the tranny TSB so I gave him a copy.

1.So far they say they can not duplicate the issue I'm having with the ATC. We will take a ride when I pick it up and I will show him. Second time in for this issue.
2. I am told the UConnect Flash has been done. But they told me that the last time it was in for that. I found out talking to the tech it was not done. So we will see. In Second time for this issue.
3. The tail gate was not the only thing that was not aligned.The glass on the rear window was hitting the body.On day three they are working on that. They needed Chryslers approval to repair. The rear glass is installed crooked.
After reading the forum I looked at mine and saw it was out of line but did not want it adjusted because they could make it worse.Then I noticed the glass was hitting the body the top. So a glass company is doing an R&R on the glass.Then it goes to the BS to align the tailgate. If you think yours is perfect, you need to look again. I looked quickly at thirty 2014 GC on the lot and mine looked better than most. Many were worse! About half had the rear glass glued in crooked.
4.Air bag light. No codes. Does not come on all the time but when it does it stays on for several miles. And no I don't have anything in the passenger seat. Second time
5. Excessive tire wear on the right front tire. Alignment checked OK.? But they said I need to rotate the tires. So I asked what is causing the excessive wear? Service writer says I Should rotate the tires. But I said if its wearing only one tire and I rotate them I will have two tires wearing excessively. He replied annoyed,they noted on my repair order I should rotate the tires. I'll try again next time.
6. Tranny Flash, Im still not sure why they have not done the flash. First they didn't know it existed and second he didn't make sense when he said the tech said it didn't pertain to my vehicle.??? Even though it is doing the dreaded jerk.
He didn't sound like he wanted to talk to me any more so I'll try again in the morning.
All this from the largest Jeep dealer in the Southeast.

I'm sorry to say as much as I like my 14 GC and how much I enjoyed the previous two I just don't see this dealer or this Jeep as a keeper.
I don't understand the early introduction of the 14 with the known glitches with electronics and the new 8 speed tranny or the quality control issues. I do understand that problems arise and can be fixed. No vehicle is perfect. But without a great dealer network of trained and qualified professionals we are all damned.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/images/jg/buttons/edit.gif

Baalic 08-06-2013 09:57 PM

On the tire wear it could simply be out of balance.. Id have them check the balance, it could also be a bad tire..

2014GC 08-06-2013 10:09 PM

Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baalic (Post 871061)
On the tire wear it could simply be out of balance.. Id have them check the balance, it could also be a bad tire..

One of the things I love about the GC is the ride. I don't think it's ballance or a bad tire. It's as smooth as glass at any speed. The tire is wearing on the outer edge. I feel like some other issues. Someone just said the alignment was OK. I'm requesting the specs from the service writer concerning the alignment.

Baalic 08-06-2013 10:27 PM

Alignment maybe ok, what about the camber?

weck 08-07-2013 12:30 PM

Just curious.. why not try a different dealer? They make more margin on service then they do on the original sale, there has to be a better service department within a reasonable distance that would be happy to have your repeat business.

The only thing you are wed to the selling dealer are the cosmetics items, these are not technically warranty items. I had a couple of minor items and they needed to be handled by the store that did the delivery I was told, not even their affiliate shop across town.

HemiFan 08-07-2013 07:34 PM

Ive noticed that the interior lift gate panel is popping out on mine. When i look in the rearview mirror i noticed the top part around the glass was uneven.

vnbWK2 08-07-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baalic (Post 871078)
Alignment maybe ok, what about the camber?

+1 on the camber. May be too much negative camber.

loveracing1988 08-07-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014GC (Post 871071)
One of the things I love about the GC is the ride. I don't think it's ballance or a bad tire. It's as smooth as glass at any speed. The tire is wearing on the outer edge. I feel like some other issues. Someone just said the alignment was OK. I'm requesting the specs from the service writer concerning the alignment.

Wearing on the outer edge would be too much positive camber, maybe it is in the green, but just barely. This might be the cause of your issue.

2014GC 08-07-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiFan (Post 871553)
Ive noticed that the interior lift gate panel is popping out on mine. When i look in the rearview mirror i noticed the top part around the glass was uneven.

This is common on some 14's. Your dealer will order a new panel if you take it in.

2014GC 08-07-2013 09:03 PM

Day 3. Called the dealer today to see if the Jeep was ready since I had not heard from the service writer. The cashier said she could not find my Jeep in the system. So I asked to speak to my service writer. I left a message,and then another two hours latter.Called back an hour latter and was told my service writer had taken the day off. I asked to speak with the Service Manager and was told he was off as well. On Monday I had talked to the SM and explained the Jeep had been in the shop earlier for three days and basically nothing had been done. He said he would personally check on the vehicle and make sure it was finished in time. So, with him gone I asked to speak with the assistant SM to see if she could find out where my Jeep was and if it was finished. I had to leave her a VM. She never called back so I drove 15 miles to the dealer to find my Jeep sitting out by the body shop. The rear Tailgate and glass was still crooked. I left my Jeep at the dealer an extra day to get this repair done. So I talked to the Assistant SM and she says everything has been completed. I tell her no it's not and she argues the glass company was there today and had R&R the glass on my Jeep.
She still didn't believe me and had the porter go get my Jeep to show me.
They looked for it for about 20 minutes and I finally said its sitting in front of the Body shop office. Meanwhile the SM walks out of his office and I confront him and ask him why he did not do what he said he would do Monday. He apologizes and goes and gets the paper work from the office and after about another twenty minutes and going back and forth between several techs comes back to me and basically tells he me can't figure out from the paper work what has been done and what has not been done. But he tells me the glass company has R&R the glass and the tailgate has been aligned.He shows me the ticket and the techs flag for time.
It was not my Jeep they R&R the glass and aligned the tailgate on. I had had enough,remained calm and in so many words told him to make sure all the repairs on my Jeep be completed by 5:00 tomorrow including the tailgate alignment and glass.
He said he would personally follow it through.(Again)
This is my last time I take my Jeep to my selling dealer.

RFF111 08-07-2013 09:20 PM

I've about had it. Way too many issues. Between what I am currently experiencing and what I am reading on these threads, I am scared to death that a majority of these new builds are complete and utter lemons. I am dumping this thing the first chance I get, which really burns me up because I love this truck. There is nothing on the road that really compares, other than maybe the LR4.

bill_de 08-07-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFF111 (Post 871627)
I've about had it. Way too many issues. Between what I am currently experiencing and what I am reading on these threads, I am scared to death that a majority of these new builds are complete and utter lemons. I am dumping this thing the first chance I get, which really burns me up because I love this truck. There is nothing on the road that really compares, other than maybe the LR4.

I think you are right about them all being complete and utter lemons. I see them ditched all over the highway waiting for tow trucks. With the severity of the problems you are having I'm surprised you even drive it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: