Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Check Engine Light Shuts Off (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/check-engine-light-shuts-off-63826.html)

cherokeesrt10 08-07-2013 06:39 PM

Check Engine Light Shuts Off

This is the second time this has happened on my 2012 Laredo. The check engine light has come and the first time I had it read and it was an eval error. I took it into the dealer and the light turned off in the service drive. They said no codes were stored and no DTC's were found. Light came on again for four days and didn't get it read, but I assume another evap error again. The dealer keeps flashing the PCM, which I feel is a way to get me out of there. Any ideas what I can do or say because I hate being blown off.

2012 Summit 08-07-2013 06:52 PM

Re: Check Engine Light Shuts Off

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesrt10 (Post 871510)
This is the second time this has happened on my 2012 Laredo. The check engine light has come and the first time I had it read and it was an eval error. I took it into the dealer and the light turned off in the service drive. They said no codes were stored and no DTC's were found. Light came on again for four days and didn't get it read, but I assume another evap error again. The dealer keeps flashing the PCM, which I feel is a way to get me out of there. Any ideas what I can do or say because I hate being blown off.

Loose fuel cap?

cherokeesrt10 08-07-2013 07:02 PM

That is what I thought at first, but it doesn't happen after a recent fuel up and the only part that I can replicate is it happen every two thousand miles. No other things have been isolated.

2012 Summit 08-08-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesrt10 (Post 871528)
That is what I thought at first, but it doesn't happen after a recent fuel up and the only part that I can replicate is it happen every two thousand miles. No other things have been isolated.

What was the code the first time?

Maliberti 08-10-2013 09:30 AM

This is how mine started and I had the same answers from the dealer. They must all be reading from the same manual when you call/ talk to them.

Like mentioned, as soon as the light comes on , take it to any auto parts and have them read the code(it's free). My code ended up to be a P0304 a misfire in Cyl 4. After several more times the CEL light coming on and off randomly over the last few weeks the dealer decided to run a full diagnostics.

It went in Monday for a new Cyl head. I will be getting it back on Tuesday.
9 days by the time I get it back if nothing goes wrong in the process.