Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   MY 14 - Few Questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/my-14-few-questions-63847.html)

jorn 08-08-2013 04:30 AM

MY 14 - Few Questions

Hi All,

Ive had the MY14 Limited Diesel just under a week now.

I have a few questions to ask before i go to the dealer with the risk of sounding stupid - well better to ask here as i can hide behind my computer screen.

When i turn on the Window Defroster front the fan turns at full speed, I always turn it down to speed 1 or 2, however when i turn off the car and turn it back on again it goes to full speed again which is starting to annoy me a bit.

is this a "special" feature or is there a setting somewhere that i can turn on/off?

Second Question, since my car is less than a week old when i get out of the car i smell something similar to burning oil. Sometimes the smell comes into the car if i put the aircond on retic. My inital thoughts are the fact that the car is new and things are still burning in/off. Has anyone experience this?

can someone tell me what temperature your transmission and engine is running at?

thanks all for now...

allypally 08-08-2013 04:42 AM

Re: MY 14 - Few Questions

Not sure whether I am qualified to respond, as I have a MY12.
However, I would think the fan issue is not normal. If anything, I would have thought that the setting is set to what it last was when motor was switched off.
The second matter, sounds normal for a new car. All the paint and oil burning off.
You just need to take a look under the car and under the bonnet to ensure there is no oil leaking, which would also have a confound effect especially inside the car. If the smell is still there after a few hundred klms, get it checked out.

Zillajnr 08-08-2013 07:04 AM

If you press the front windscreen defrost button does the air con switch on as well as the fan speed going to high? My current car (Mitsubishi Pajero) does this and if the MY14 does this i would say it is normal as if your windscreen is fogging up you want the screen to de-fog as quickly as possible for safety reasons, hence why the fan turns to high and air-con turns on.

VA Jeep Family 08-08-2013 10:21 AM

I sell Jeeps and all 2014's when you turn on the front defrost it automatically turns the fan on to level 6. This is done to assist in the removal of frost on the front windshield as quickly as possible. If you desire a lower fan speed you will need to turn it down manually.
The smell you are getting is most likely because it is new. So long as you do not see any leaking of fluids, this will go away naturally over time/miles.

jorn 08-08-2013 06:23 PM

hi all,

thanks for all your prompt replies, i guess i can learn to deal with it.

my climate control is super funny though...i think its counter intuitive. i will need to take note of my settings and see how it pans out.

this morning, during day light my automatic high beams turns on and stayed on...i remember reading something about it...oh well more day time reading during work.

dunkit 08-09-2013 12:54 AM

May not be related, but I've noticed the smell in my car is due to the malfunctioning climate control, one side hot, other cold. When one side gets hot it's the smell of the plastics in the air vents at max temp.

Check threads for feedback, as it's been raised with Chrysler.

I've resorted to unsyncing dual zone and manually adjusting each side as req'd.