Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   ECO Mode problems with 5.7L (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/eco-mode-problems-with-5-7l-63861.html)

2013JGC 08-08-2013 11:46 AM

ECO Mode problems with 5.7L
 
This is my first Post! I purchased a 2013 JGC about 6 months ago. Since then, I've noticed a definite hesitation, or shuddering, when accelerating at really any speed. I took it to the dealership, and they found no fault. The service manager did say that they are waiting for a computer update to address the issue. She also advised me to try altering fuel grades between fill-ups, from regular to premium. Has anyone else had this issue? And is there any other suggestions for me to try? And when is this "update" going to be issued? Thanks for your input!!

Willx 08-08-2013 12:09 PM

Re: ECO Mode problems with 5.7L
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013JGC (Post 871917)
This is my first Post! I purchased a 2013 JGC about 6 months ago. Since then, I've noticed a definite hesitation, or shuddering, when accelerating at really any speed. I took it to the dealership, and they found no fault. The service manager did say that they are waiting for a computer update to address the issue. She also advised me to try altering fuel grades between fill-ups, from regular to premium. Has anyone else had this issue? And is there any other suggestions for me to try? And when is this "update" going to be issued? Thanks for your input!!

Welcome to JeepGarage!!

Yes this is a known issue for regular fuel, there is a Case on this and the software is Due next month.

You know if you have this issue if the problem is most felt under light acceleration on on slight grade in 4th or 5th gear... feels like a fish bite on a fishing pole.

Edit: It has nothing to do with ECO mode BTW, It will do this just as bad with that disabled.

bumpinjeep 08-08-2013 12:11 PM

Re: ECO Mode problems with 5.7L
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 871936)
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

Yes this is a known issue for regular fuel, there is a Case on this and the software is Due next month.

You know if you have this issue if the problem is most felt under light acceleration on on slight grade in 4th or 5th gear... feels like a fish bite on a fishing pole.

Edit: It has nothing to do with ECO mode BTW, It will do this just as bad with that disabled.

Nice, glad its something that is being addressed.

2013JGC 08-08-2013 12:40 PM

Re: ECO Mode problems with 5.7L
 
Thanks for the reply! I will try using premium in my next fill up and see if that makes a difference. I hadn't really noticed the "fishing pole tug" LOL, in any other gear mainly because I usually leave it in D. Nice analogy BTW!! :lol:
But that's exactly what it feels like! Nice to know someone validates what I am experiencing and I'm NOT Going nutz!
Looking forward to the update. Do you know if that is something covered under the warranty? And will I need to ask for this update or will I be contacted by Jeep?

scostuart 08-08-2013 12:44 PM

Re: ECO Mode problems with 5.7L
 
Had the TSB computer reflash done on my '13 Laredo X hemi, at dealer last this week. Immediately noticed the shudder gone. Much smoother through gear changes.

Willx 08-08-2013 12:47 PM

Premium fuel improves the issue but does not make it disappear.

The update is still tentative for September so there is a possibility it could get delayed. You will not likely be contacted unless you dealer is really good at following up. It will be covered under warranty as long as you have the complaint I described but only while the vehicle is in factory warranty.

You can always check back here, we (certainly I) will be discussing it when it is released. It effects 2011-2013 with your engine.

scostuart 08-08-2013 12:47 PM

Re: ECO Mode problems with 5.7L
 
Print out a copy of the TSB and take it to dealer. I believe the reflash was issued end of july 2013 so some dealers will have no clue what you are talking about.

Willx 08-08-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scostuart (Post 871964)
Had the TSB computer reflash done on my '13 Laredo X hemi, at dealer last this week. Immediately noticed the shudder gone. Much smoother through gear changes.

Different problem... you got a TCM update that affected shift patterns. The hesitation is different.

Mind you the shift update is also likely important to know about for the OP. Milous posted that at wjjeeps.com (wk2jeeps.com)... an excellent resource for TSB tracking!

scostuart 08-08-2013 01:08 PM

Re: ECO Mode problems with 5.7L
 
Yep. That was it......and Milous has an outstanding website.

Kudos to him for his work!:thumbsup:

rtm038 08-20-2013 02:24 PM

Re: ECO Mode problems with 5.7L
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 871936)
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

Yes this is a known issue for regular fuel, there is a Case on this and the software is Due next month.

You know if you have this issue if the problem is most felt under light acceleration on on slight grade in 4th or 5th gear... feels like a fish bite on a fishing pole.

Edit: It has nothing to do with ECO mode BTW, It will do this just as bad with that disabled.

My '13 does the same thing. Brought it to the dealer 3 weeks ago and they didn't notice the issue. Guess I'll have to wait until the update comes out and bring it to their attention.

Willx 08-20-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtm038 (Post 879453)

My '13 does the same thing. Brought it to the dealer 3 weeks ago and they didn't notice the issue. Guess I'll have to wait until the update comes out and bring it to their attention.

We will post the info when it becomes available

760hacker 08-20-2013 02:46 PM

Re: ECO Mode problems with 5.7L
 
So there are no mentions of this on the 2014 with the 5.7 but i have noticed a similar behavior. is there also an update forthcoming that is for the 2014?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community