Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Was I the Last One to Figure Out HD Radio on 8.4? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/was-i-the-last-one-to-figure-out-hd-radio-on-8-4-a-63876.html)

Northland 08-08-2013 08:18 PM

Was I the Last One to Figure Out HD Radio on 8.4?

That's fine if I am - I'm getting older, fatter, slower, and dumber every day! This is the first HD radio I've ever had; was listening to an FM HD station the other day (HD has amazing audio quality BTW; much better than Sirius) and while just goofing around touched the "HD" icon on the touchscreen - all of a sudden the word "Buffering..." shows up, and more channels appear on the HD station I was listening to! I had no idea that HD stations could broadcast multiple channels on one frequency.

StaticFX 08-08-2013 08:43 PM

Re: Was I the Last One to Figure Out HD Radio on 8.4?

lol i had heard of it.. but never had one till now either. Figure "yeah whatever.. gimmick"
but, when that buffers up and kicks in... BLAM!!! sounds amazing!

geox19 08-08-2013 09:34 PM

The satellite radio sounds terrible on our systems IMO. I don't know why my other car and past Sirius devices sound so much better than in the jeep

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Jimbo107 08-08-2013 09:56 PM

Nope, apparently I'm the last one :D Went to go give it a try and the HD option is grayed out for me, why would that be?

geox19 08-08-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo107 (Post 872319)
Nope, apparently I'm the last one :D Went to go give it a try and the HD option is grayed out for me, why would that be?

Lol Chrysler wants more of your money :D
A couple things could cause it to be greyed out. The station your radio was on might not have been an hd station? Try another station and report back

StaticFX 08-09-2013 07:23 AM

^^ yeah just keep hitting the "next" button until the HD button can be pushed

an yeah, the SXM really does not sound very good. Its not horrible, but it should be a LOT better

Porknbeans 08-09-2013 08:18 AM

HD also has a very limited coverage area. Generally, if you live outside of an even moderately metropolitan area, you won't get HD radio. Where I live I don't have it but where I work I do. I don't like that when you shut the vehicle off and start it back up it defaults to regular radio, not the HD station you were listening to.

Jim_in_PA 08-09-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northland (Post 872255)
(HD has amazing audio quality BTW; much better than Sirius)

Even AM radio sounds better than Sirius to me!

AAAA 08-09-2013 09:30 AM

And kill the DJ's on Sirius music channels. I'm paying for this. I want music not talk.

StaticFX 08-09-2013 10:00 AM

some people pay JUST for the talk lol.

I dont think there is enough variety... there are too many news and sports stations. and there is no easy way to browse. My old XM radio, would show you want was playing as you looked. Not just the station name. That was 9 years ago! Why cant we do this now?

geox19 08-09-2013 11:01 AM

Good question StaticFX. Sirius XM should be pissed over how Chrysler chose to implement their services and the sound quality coming from the uconnect. Id love to see the numbers on how many uconnect people keep their XM after the free trial runs or even uconnect after that runs out even with the apps working.

jacko15 08-09-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geox19 (Post 872638)
Good question StaticFX. Sirius XM should be pissed over how Chrysler chose to implement their services and the sound quality coming from the uconnect. Id love to see the numbers on how many uconnect people keep their XM after the free trial runs or even uconnect after that runs out even with the apps working.

I'll have a hard time justifying either!