Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Conversations with Land Cruisers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/conversations-with-land-cruisers-63899.html)

Herb4372 08-09-2013 10:25 AM

Conversations with Land Cruisers

Was just discussing my imminent WK2 diesel purchase with a friend of mine. He has a 94 land cruiser with 32"s. we've done quite a bit of rock crawling in it and are planning a caravan to the southwest in march/April. (2 land cruisers, wrangler unlimited, and my wk2.... Pending delivery)

Anyhow here's the crux of the conversation.

Me: "I can't get tow hooks on the summit package so I can't pull your cruiser out if you get stuck. "

Him: "Hahahahahahaha, no worries, I'll just hook up to your antennae, your trucks so tough that's a jeep approved tow point"

Him: "if you tell anyone I said that, ill f$&@ing kill you"

Willx 08-09-2013 10:28 AM

Re: Conversations with Land Cruisers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herb4372 (Post 872611)
Was just discussing my imminent WK2 diesel purchase with a friend of mine. He has a 94 land cruiser with 32"s. we've done quite a bit of rock crawling in it and are planning a caravan to the southwest in march/April. (2 land cruisers, wrangler unlimited, and my wk2.... Pending delivery)

Anyhow here's the crux of the conversation.

Me: "I can't get tow hooks on the summit package so I can't pull your cruiser out if you get stuck. "

Him: "Hahahahahahaha, no worries, I'll just hook up to your antennae, your trucks so tough that's a jeep approved tow point"

Him: "if you tell anyone I said that, ill f$&@ing kill you"

:lol: Guess we won't be hearing from you for much longer... you are gonna be dead.

f1anatic 08-09-2013 11:23 AM

I don't get the need for this post but I do understand that once you get stuck and the land cruiser pulls you out using the antennae, you might be in pain. Nothing new: Land Cruisers > Jeep Grand Cherokees when it comes to off-road prowess

2mad2bad 08-09-2013 11:47 AM

Land cruiser's are the boss when it come to off road, well the new v8 one is anyway, shame they're so expensive. The jeep GC is not too far behind.

StaticFX 08-09-2013 12:30 PM

meh... they are overpriced, and quite ugly in my opinion.

bumpinjeep 08-09-2013 12:36 PM

The older Land Cruiser is pretty damn good off road, just like the ZJ and WJ. I wouldn't say that they are that much better than the old school Jeeps. If we are talking about modifying the vehicles then they are on par with each other. Now, were talking about the ZJ & WJ Grand Cherokees, not the new one.

2mad2bad 08-09-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumpinjeep (Post 872729)
The older Land Cruiser is pretty damn good off road, just like the ZJ and WJ. I wouldn't say that they are that much better than the old school Jeeps. If we are talking about modifying the vehicles then they are on par with each other. Now, were talking about the ZJ & WJ Grand Cherokees, not the new one.

I have to agree, the old school ones are on par with each other. The new Land cruiser however is really good off-road, probably a little better than the GC.. But most SUV owners will never do that sort of off-roading anyway, but its nice to know you can :)

Herb4372 08-09-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1anatic (Post 872669)
I don't get the need for this post but I do understand that once you get stuck and the land cruiser pulls you out using the antennae, you might be in pain. Nothing new: Land Cruisers > Jeep Grand Cherokees when it comes to off-road prowess

Humor was the point. Sorry I overestimated your sense of it.

Willx 08-09-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herb4372 (Post 873057)
Humor was the point. Sorry I overestimated your sense of it.

I got it !!!

Radknight 08-10-2013 05:19 AM

I'm surprised you are still friends if he let you buy a Jeep. I can imagine the crap you guys give each other.:lol:

Herb4372 08-13-2013 09:45 AM

It's not mild ribbing for sure. There's a group of 4 of us that go riding a lot. But typically in 3 cars. 2 cruisers and a wrangler unlimited rubicon. Last time we came across some hairy stuff. Real steep with big lips. And they had to admit they were impressed with the rubicon.

I'm looking forward to heading there next time with the GC and showing them it can be done in style too.

lstowell 08-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumpinjeep (Post 872729)

I'd agree, but the difference between them and a newer GC is pretty small unless you are serious hard core.

I owned a ZJ, and sometimes I miss the simplicity. As for the ride on the way TO/FROM the boondocks, lets just say I don't miss the ZJ all that much.
Granted I'm getting old enough I tend to think more about the consequences if the darn thing were to leave me stranded in a blind canyon with no cell access, so sometimes discretion is used more than "hey 'yall, watch this"