Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Best deal I found on Bilsteins (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/best-deal-i-found-on-bilsteins-63916.html)

AUTO-FX 08-09-2013 03:19 PM

Best deal I found on Bilsteins

Searched quite a few sites for 4600 series struts for my 07 WK
Shockwarehouse is where I ended up buying.
Free shipping, and I found a discount code for 5% off (coupon5)

$191.00 delivered

Worth mentioning I thought:thumbsup:

AUTO-FX 08-09-2013 08:38 PM

Re: Best deal I found on Bilsteins

My bad.
Shockwarehouse was cheapest but had no discount codes.
It was Carparts dot com.
Heh, I looked at so many websites this morning my head was spinning!

AUTO-FX 08-10-2013 06:38 AM

Advanced Auto Parts carries KYB and Monroe only, but heres another discount
Oder anything online
20% off discount code is P20
Use at checkout , good til 12-31-13

dmsfun 08-14-2013 10:52 AM

No matter the price, I would not recommend WK Bilsteins. had them on mine and was highly disappointed....they are VERY rough riding, and also do not handle well. I bought my Overland new, and ran the stockers, the WK Bilsteins and now Koni FSD's. Stockers give the best ride quality with adequate handling, Koni's by far the best handling with a firm, controlled level ride, and Bilstiens, very rough ride, overly bouncy, and with poor handling. ... cant recommend other brands of shocks since I've never tried them.

Prestone 08-14-2013 11:01 AM

I also had bilsteins on my wj and hated them. U really sacrifice ride quality like the previous poster said as well. When I change my wk2 shocks and struts they will most likely be Monroe or oem.

brentwoodkris 08-14-2013 01:16 PM

I'll stick with my Monroe Sensa-trac's in front and the Monroe LL's in back anyday. The LL's are a bit noisy at times, but having that extra ride height when towing is totally worth a squeak over bumps here and there. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd just go and throw some type of lubricant on the LL's to fit the squeaking...

AUTO-FX 08-14-2013 02:46 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate your opinions, but thats not what the thread was about

brentwoodkris 08-14-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUTO-FX (Post 875878)

:threadhijack:

dmsfun 08-24-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUTO-FX (Post 875878)

Just trying to help bro...Many buy those Bilstein's based on the complete suspension thread that says how great they are.... I totally disagree as the ride is awful, plus they handle worse than OEM's.

AUTO-FX 08-24-2013 01:33 PM

Yeah thats cool, thanks.
I guess I like the firmer ride. Ive been working around Porsches and Audis for years.
Had the bilsteins on my last WK, and felt I had much more control at highway speed.
With the OE, and the monroes I had, being low pressure for comfort, i dont like all the wallowing over rough patches, and the under steer in the corners.

I just ordered upgraded tires from Discount Tire Direct. Those guys are awesome. First I ordered yokohama geos, but when I got them, I didnt like the narrower tread width from the OE goodyear forteras. Discount tire took them back , no questions asked. Even paid return shipping. Awesome! I highly recommend these guys.

I have a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR's coming. With the rebates they have, it worked out as a buy3, get one free!! Cant wait to get this stuff installed!