Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Mud Flaps (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/mud-flaps-63931.html)

jorn 08-09-2013 06:32 PM

Mud Flaps

hi all,

Another quick question, i remember seeing it being discussed on the sticky MY14 Thread.

i tried trawling through the pages and search function but it was proven pretty difficult.

i didnt quite understand the big fuss about mud flaps until i saw my car today with sand and mud all over the side =/

so for those who have purchased mudflaps for the MY14, can you send me the link?

adriwood 08-09-2013 07:44 PM

Re: Mud Flaps

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorn (Post 873002)
hi all,

Another quick question, i remember seeing it being discussed on the sticky MY14 Thread.

i tried trawling through the pages and search function but it was proven pretty difficult.

i didnt quite understand the big fuss about mud flaps until i saw my car today with sand and mud all over the side =/

so for those who have purchased mudflaps for the MY14, can you send me the link?

Jorn.

Got mine off e-bay from the US from Falls Motor City (ad no longer there when I checked today). These were the hard OEM ABS plastic units. There is another seller on e-bay global4u4u from South Korea that appears to supply the same JGC pattern but allegedly flexible if their ad is anything to go by. The part numbers for the 2012 and 2014 are the same.

Regards

Adriwood.

SNUKE 08-10-2013 03:43 AM

Local (Vic) dealer

Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Genuine Mopar Moulded MUD Guard SET Front | eBay

Says one left for rear.
Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Genuine Mopar Moulded MUD Guard SET Rear | eBay

jorn 08-10-2013 05:37 AM

i ended up buying this one...hope its the right one
2011 2012 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Front Rear Molded Splash Guards MUD Flaps | eBay

adriwood 08-10-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorn (Post 873231)

Jorn.

They are the correct ones. I was tossing up between that set or the Falls Church ones. There was about $10 difference in price.

Regards

Adriwood.

iwantanotherjeep 08-10-2013 07:37 PM

Just for information, my dealer said that the forward mud flaps won't fit with a set of rock rails

yoda42 08-10-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantanotherjeep (Post 873654)
Just for information, my dealer said that the forward mud flaps won't fit with a set of rock rails

They can be refitted with the rock rails but need some trimming (the mud flap not the rock rail ;-) )

iwantanotherjeep 08-10-2013 08:59 PM

Have you got any photos yoda, I need to be able to take it to the dealer to show them how.

Cheers

yoda42 08-10-2013 10:45 PM

Sorry I don't have any pics if what I did, and I have since replaced them with flexible rubber ones as I snapped them in half while off roading, but its not hard, I simply held them in place after fitting rock rails and drew around the rock rail with a marker pen on the back of mud flap, then I used a stanly knife to trim the back of mud flap where out line of rock rail was, easy, if your dealer mechanic can not work that out dont ever take your GC back to them they'll just reck it

BobT 08-18-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantanotherjeep (Post 873654)

He is quite right. They are not intended to fit together. However, as Yoda says, they can be made to fit but you may have to do it yourself. I can understand a dealer's reluctance to do it while the vehicle is still under warranty.

iwantanotherjeep 09-17-2013 02:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
After seeing another GC on this forum with the mud flaps/rock rails combo, I sent an email to Alex at Waitara with a photo attached proving it could be done. As Alex has done all throughout the process he ran with it and now I have mud flaps on my GC with the rock rails for both front and back. Alex really has been unbelievable throughout the process of getting my Overland. He even provided a loan car whilst my mud flaps were fitted and some other work looked at.

Here are a couple of pics, taken after the rain so excuse the dirt :D