Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Colored lugs and centercaps (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/colored-lugs-and-centercaps-63939.html)

NoRice 08-10-2013 12:21 AM

Colored lugs and centercaps

How you doin fellas.. and ladies if there are any out there. I wanted to get some lime green lugnuts and lime green centercaps to go on my stock but dipped WK wheels. I'm not one that likes to blend in with the rest. I like to stand out. Drive a silver WK and feel like it'd look pretty cool if I got this done. Eventually wanna do the calipers in lime green as well. Was just curious as to what size lugs I would need and if I can't find the color I'll prob just order chrome lugs and center caps and dip them. Also thought about doing one side in lime green and the other in red. You can only see two wheels at once anyways. Just curious as to what you all think.

DKDunn 08-20-2013 07:52 AM

Re: Colored lugs and centercaps

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoRice (Post 873169)
How you doin fellas.. and ladies if there are any out there. I wanted to get some lime green lugnuts and lime green centercaps to go on my stock but dipped WK wheels. I'm not one that likes to blend in with the rest. I like to stand out. Drive a silver WK and feel like it'd look pretty cool if I got this done. Eventually wanna do the calipers in lime green as well. Was just curious as to what size lugs I would need and if I can't find the color I'll prob just order chrome lugs and center caps and dip them. Also thought about doing one side in lime green and the other in red. You can only see two wheels at once anyways. Just curious as to what you all think.

The lug nuts are 1/2" and I would be careful plasti dipping the lugs. I tried this and when you go to put the wheel back on with the lugs, the gun can rip the dip off. Unless your going to tighten them all by hand then I would suggest painting them. As far as one side red and one side green, not my cup of tea. I think that would look like a christmas nightmare but hey, thats just my opinion.

NoRice 08-24-2013 12:32 PM

Yea I didn't even think about the dip coming off. Prob will just end up painting them ONE COLOR lol

SvenskaJeepGuy 08-24-2013 04:27 PM

I have painted lugs and even doing them by hand puts some noticeable wear on them.

lstowell 08-26-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoRice (Post 873169)

Checked with a local wheel dealer? You can get colored chrome ones from a few folks...