Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Serious electrical issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/serious-electrical-issues-63953.html)

bertball50 08-10-2013 11:12 AM

Serious electrical issues

Ok, I've had my summit for 2 months now and unfortunately I've had electrical issues the whole time. With 200 miles my passive entry sensor went bad and was replaced. The remote start doesn't work right, which supposedly there's a fix on the way. With 1400 miles I had to be towed to dealership bc jeep wouldn't start and low voltage and battery lights came on. Replaced alternator. With 1900 miles all hell broke loose, and every light came on, the speedometer and odometer quit working, and as I was driving the air system made it seem like I was on a roller coaster, constantly going up and down. When I got home after I shut it off and restarted 15 minutes later only the check engine light was on. That went away after a couple more restarts. That was 2 days ago. Yesterday, I tried to start it, got the clicking noise and didnt start first 2 tries, but went in the 3rd try. Got down to the end of the street and it died. Got it restarted but the low voltage and battery light were on fir a bit but went away. The check engine light stayed on as well as acc/fcw unavailable service required. Also the tranny was stuck in 4 th gear, couldn't move up or down. Limped it to the dealer and its in the shop. We'll see, but I'm really having doubts about thus jeep. We were seriously looking at getting a new Durango for my wife, but she's really worried about chryslers electrical.

Willx 08-10-2013 11:20 AM

Re: Serious electrical issues

Sorry to hear about this BertBall, The issues may be related to each other....

Can I ask a few questions.

Has your radio been replaced?
What version of software is your radio running (known battery run down issue)
Has your dealer looked into the CAN BUS Connector to the right side of the radio/console?

Just curious and you are welcome to PM me if you like.

Thanks!

bertball50 08-10-2013 11:36 AM

Willix, the radio has not been replaced, I think the version is 13.19, and I don't know if they've looked at the can bus. Waiting to hear back to see what they've found. Only good thing is they did give me a loaner car.

Willx 08-10-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertball50 (Post 873382)
Willix, the radio has not been replaced, I think the version is 13.19, and I don't know if they've looked at the can bus. Waiting to hear back to see what they've found. Only good thing is they did give me a loaner car.

Please keep me posted, PM likely best but I really hope your dealer can get it sorted. There were a couple of mistakes identified in the new electrical architecture but they are mainly isolated to a specific connector or ground. I really hope they find it and get you down the road and happy.

The remote start issue is still a problem yes, but I am really hoping to see that update very soon.

bertball50 08-10-2013 12:08 PM

I'll let u know, congrats on your diesel order

Willx 08-10-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertball50 (Post 873397)
I'll let u know, congrats on your diesel order

Thanks!

RFF111 08-10-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertball50 (Post 873376)
Ok, I've had my summit for 2 months now and unfortunately I've had electrical issues the whole time. With 200 miles my passive entry sensor went bad and was replaced. The remote start doesn't work right, which supposedly there's a fix on the way. With 1400 miles I had to be towed to dealership bc jeep wouldn't start and low voltage and battery lights came on. Replaced alternator. With 1900 miles all hell broke loose, and every light came on, the speedometer and odometer quit working, and as I was driving the air system made it seem like I was on a roller coaster, constantly going up and down. When I got home after I shut it off and restarted 15 minutes later only the check engine light was on. That went away after a couple more restarts. That was 2 days ago. Yesterday, I tried to start it, got the clicking noise and didnt start first 2 tries, but went in the 3rd try. Got down to the end of the street and it died. Got it restarted but the low voltage and battery light were on fir a bit but went away. The check engine light stayed on as well as acc/fcw unavailable service required. Also the tranny was stuck in 4 th gear, couldn't move up or down. Limped it to the dealer and its in the shop. We'll see, but I'm really having doubts about thus jeep. We were seriously looking at getting a new Durango for my wife, but she's really worried about chryslers electrical.

Good luck with your issues. There is really good support on these threads.

bertball50 08-14-2013 05:18 PM

Got the jeep back today and after a few days of looking and testing they found a ground that was loose and the bolt was stripped. Tech thought it'd probably have happened at the factory. The ground was below the TIPM on the rail. Whatever that is. Hopefully this fixes it. I'll update this either way in a few weeks

cnynctry 08-14-2013 08:38 PM

Seems like most of the electrical issues have been resolved with finding bad, lose, poor grounds. You would think that would have gotten back to production for some additional quality control. I hope they have fixed your issues but the bad grounding has caused some other modules to need replacing.