Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Summit Lemon (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-summit-lemon-63974.html)

sawyerh 08-10-2013 06:58 PM

2014 Summit Lemon

Have had it since April 9th. Was a beauty until about 3wks ago when it all went to shit.

Air Bag Failures
Anti lock brake failures
Air suspension failure got stuck above max ride height
Gauges Disappeared
Navigation frozen for 2daysnon highest volume blew speakers.
Leather came off of passenger seat.
Passenger rocker trim fell off.
Park Sensors failed and girlfriend curbed the front.
Active Collision assist slammed on brakes was rear-ended slightly.
The final kicker this Friday was when the damn thing decided to die on the freeway.

Have had it and the dealer I bought it from is finally stepping in and putting me in a loaner while they investigate.

Anybody with a summit notice the stuck on fender moldings are actually peeling away. Thought it was just mine then was on a lot and noticed they are all doing it.

Aside from the mechanical issues.

Cosmetically the damn thing has a huge painted blob on the hatch and the doors have slowly become miss-aligned.

I love my jeep and am on my 3rd Cherokee but damn this one is bad.

Willx 08-10-2013 07:02 PM

Re: 2014 Summit Lemon

holly $h1t.... You don't know me, but other people here do. If 75% of what you just said is true I would pursue a buy back. I never say that to anyone. Not questioning your honesty in the slightest but @&#$(..... That sucks.

Seriously, I feel for you.

2012 Summit 08-10-2013 07:16 PM

That really does suck big time. I hope they figure it out. Good Luck.

Roki303 08-10-2013 08:14 PM

Sounds like something electrical ... can't believe all those things failing at the same time.

I would start with checking grounds. Also I have heard about some defective PCM module.

On mine also some fuses weren't pushed in all the way in. Especially bigger ones.

searsgordon@gmail.com 08-11-2013 12:55 AM

The summit is the top end model second to the SRT8, do you have the warranty?, are they willing to buy it back

sawyerh 08-11-2013 08:54 AM

So yeah I'm working with the dealer. Taking it in and they are going to attempt fixes. Chrysler stepped in and at least forced them to put me in a loaner. They did the fuses fix but still issues. My major beef with this has become the actual parts falling off. I mean for 60k I could have gotten a BMW and been treated better if this had happened.

The dealer tried to get me to trade it in and pack the loss into a new one I could not believe it.

silvermax04 08-11-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roki303 (Post 873672)
Sounds like something electrical ... can't believe all those things failing at the same time.

I would start with checking grounds. Also I have heard about some defective PCM module.

On mine also some fuses weren't pushed in all the way in. Especially bigger ones.

Agree about the fuses about half of mine were not pushed in with a few just barely touching

eagle 08-11-2013 12:02 PM

That sucks, hopefully you will just another new cherokee because I wouldn't trust it anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 873884)
Agree about the fuses about half of mine were not pushed in with a few just barely touching

It seems like Chrysler have a lot of problems with fuses not being installed properly since day 1 on 2014, I really hope they are aware about this issue ( and grounding wires too) . :slapfight:

Overland1 08-15-2013 09:22 PM

Ruh-roh! :eek:

This is not what I wanted to read, as I will pick up a new (build date June, 2013) Summit in less than two days.

Good luck with your "problem child"; it is hoped that your dealership (and Chrysler) will do the right thing.

acilate 08-15-2013 10:26 PM

Wow, it's amazing that all of those things happened at once. Do you have any pictures of the leather issues and door moldings so others can look for the same issue?

JRNYC 08-15-2013 10:52 PM

As a former 2012 summit owner I feel,your pain and disappointment. That was one of my issues and gripes about my OS In Regards to the moldings by the windows. Each strip was pressed down hard on each edge and the middle was bubbled out on each of the 4 window bottom moldings. It took away from the lines of the car.
Misaligned hatch yes had it.
Misaligned doors yes slightly.
Paint blobs, sputters and pits yes.
Mineral grey 2012 OS
That's why my next is going to be a plain Laredo. Don't even want leather although the regular leather is not half bad. Just not going to pay for a new Jeep product again with piss poor customer care reps and dealer service experience.

silvermax04 08-16-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overland1 (Post 876933)
Ruh-roh! :eek:

This is not what I wanted to read, as I will pick up a new (build date June, 2013) Summit in less than two days.

Good luck with your "problem child"; it is hoped that your dealership (and Chrysler) will do the right thing.

A word of advice if you have not bought your Summit yet, if it was built before the last week of July it will not have the Stop Go feature and it is not upgradeable. Buy one that was built after the last week of July if you care about having this feature!