Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   hydro locked my engine (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/hydro-locked-my-engine-64031.html)

dippinsoldier92 08-12-2013 09:48 AM

hydro locked my engine

So what happend was, myself and some buddies from work were down at brush hollow having fun playing in the mud, and we decide to cross this one water hole and I get about 10 feet into it and all of a sudden my motor dies, I pull the intake off and dump out about a gallon of water from it, pull the plugs and try to turn it over to push the water out and it won't even crank. Try and turn it by hand and nothing so now its onto calling around and see who will take my warranty.

Baalic 08-12-2013 11:04 AM

Re: hydro locked my engine

how deep was the water???

brentwoodkris 08-12-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baalic (Post 874467)
how deep was the water???

Must have been pretty deep if he pulled a gallon of water out of the intake alone...

Baalic 08-12-2013 11:22 AM

If it was more then the recomended max depth in the owners manual I doubt warranty covers shit.

dippinsoldier92 08-12-2013 11:32 AM

The water it died in wasn't deep, I could open my doors in it but I think the water got in my filter box from previous holes, and when I say a gallon of water in the intake, I'm exaggerating a bit, but it was a good bit of water in there.

brentwoodkris 08-12-2013 11:35 AM

I don't think the warranties (even the extended ones) cover user negligence...that's akin to saying they'd replace the Jeep if you drove it off a cliff. Unless you somehow scored an inland marine policy on your Jeep that is...

dippinsoldier92 08-12-2013 11:47 AM

Just got off the phone with em and they said take it to a garage and they'll take care of it.

brentwoodkris 08-12-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dippinsoldier92 (Post 874489)
Just got off the phone with em and they said take it to a garage and they'll take care of it.

Wow. Must be a really nice dealership. Let us know when the repair actually happens.

dippinsoldier92 08-12-2013 12:03 PM

Will do, hopefully this week or next week I'll drop it off

Rose City GC SRT8 08-12-2013 12:14 PM

That sounds encouraging from the dealer. Keep us informed!

robpp 08-13-2013 06:09 AM

So you told the warranty company the same story as you told us..........or you committed fraud and lied about the circumstances leading to you driving your jeep into a water hole? and by doing that you blew your motor.

Better get the mud out of that intake tube

LOLOL

And now, based on your negligence and disregard for your engine you expect someone else to pay for your actions.

All I got to say is WOW

brentwoodkris 08-13-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 874988)
So you told the warranty company the same story as you told us..........or you committed fraud and lied about the circumstances leading to you driving your jeep into a water hole? and by doing that you blew your motor.

Better get the mud out of that intake tube

LOLOL

And now, based on your negligence and disregard for your engine you expect someone else to pay for your actions.

All I got to say is WOW

Glad someone else said it...because I was thinking it for sure. And now that the warranty company is doing the payout, they can raise the prices on all the future warranties that we'll want to buy! :madder: