Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Newb mygig / ipod / lockpick questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/newb-mygig-ipod-lockpick-questions-64067.html)

wuaname 08-13-2013 09:10 AM

Newb mygig / ipod / lockpick questions

Hello all,

I've googled, did a search on here, but still have a couple of questions pertaining to the radio, etc.

It looks to me like there the only way to transfer your ipod music is to put the music on a thumb drive or copy to a cd, then upload, etc.. That's not an option as I have too much music to burn into cd's, and the thumb drive route won't work with itunes music, I believe. I read a bit about lockpick, but it doesn't seem to be able to address this issue or am I missing anything?

It's a shame to have all that storage space available and not be able to put music on there; seems useless unless you have cd's, lol..

The way the truck sits now from factory would it play a dvd while stopped? I beleive lockpick allows you to play a dvd while driving, but not sure if my Jeep can play dvd's... Oh, it's a 2014 GC Limited, btw... :)

thanks

Jim_in_PA 08-13-2013 09:22 AM

Re: Newb mygig / ipod / lockpick questions

AFAIK, there is no Lockpick available for MY14 systems at this time. The new electrical architecture will require development time and may take awhile. There is also no DVD player in the system.

wuaname 08-15-2013 08:34 AM

Thanks for the info...

So I guess mygig, people are really just using it to upload music from a cd, or some pics...

I'll have to just upload some random CD's I've burned off itunes, not much, but something and maybe some pics or something, lol...

I have been using the bluetooth to stream music off my iphone 5, so that's been nice. I used it yesterday at the beach and with the phone out behind the truck and it picked up the music with no problem, even with the distance from the headset.

I guess next up, I'll have to look at putting a bigger sub and speakers :D, within the factory locations :D

Jim_in_PA 08-15-2013 03:59 PM

You didn't say which system you have in your Limited, but in general, for MY14, your media choices are SD card or external music source, such as and iDevice using either USB or Bluetooth. You can rip CDs to your computer and then put the resulting standard music files on and SD card or copy directly from iTunes onto the SD card as long as the file format you're using is compatible with your sound system in the Jeep.

Personally, I use my iPhone as my music source via Bluetooth whenever I'm out of the area and can't listed to my local public radio music station, WXPN.org

turbospartan 08-15-2013 05:00 PM

There should be the song files on your computer, not just stuck in iTunes (maybe I'm wrong here, haven't used iTunes in years because it sucked so bad and I quit using Apple products).

Get one of these, drag the files onto it, plug it into your display ('14 still has the USB port, right?)

http://comptb.cects.com/wp-content/u...lash_Drive.png

Jim_in_PA 08-15-2013 08:14 PM

Turbo', the songs are stored as discrete files in the folder that iTunes sets up. Very easy to copy if necessary. One just has to make sure that the files are in an audio codec format that the auto system can read and play.

wuaname 08-16-2013 11:14 AM

It's a '14 and has the 8.4 radio in it.

I can't just drag my music to my thumb drive, I imagine Itunes wouldn't make it so easy...

I agree, for now I am using my iphone, but I rather dump all the music in the gc's hard drive and take up less space on my iphone, due to limited space and convenience.

Jim_in_PA 08-16-2013 02:28 PM

There's no hard drive there, AFAIK, in the 8.4a / 8.4an. There is with the 730N in my MY12, but the MY14 uses the SD card for storage.

gaidin43 10-05-2013 08:12 PM

Has anyone figured out a way to mirror an iPhone or ta let to the main screen?

I know there is a new lock pick in the works but not out yet. I think its crazy they pulled all video play back out of the system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ExcursionDiesel 10-06-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuaname (Post 877217)
It's a '14 and has the 8.4 radio in it.

I can't just drag my music to my thumb drive, I imagine Itunes wouldn't make it so easy...

I agree, for now I am using my iphone, but I rather dump all the music in the gc's hard drive and take up less space on my iphone, due to limited space and convenience.

As eluded to a few post back, you CAN copy files from THE FOLDERS that ITunes stores its music in. You have to have basic computer skills to do this. Apple wants us to be idiots, have no skills, and to believe its their way or no way.

bd

njeep 12-29-2013 05:48 PM

MYGIG LOCKPICK

should solve all your issues