Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Are dealers ordering these? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/are-dealers-ordering-these-64135.html)

GunninIt 08-14-2013 03:47 PM

Are dealers ordering these?
 
Was trying to look for dealer inventory, and can't find any "in transit", or, in other words "being built." Wondering when you guys think these may be headed to local dealer.

I held off on placing my order because I want to get behind the wheel of one first. Seeing that retail orders are expecting delivery in 8 weeks or so, I have to imagine some of the dealers should be expecting theirs around the same time.

Thoughts?

FWIW, inventory searches via jeep.com or any dealer site have yielded nothing. When the 2014 Grands were coming out, you could at least see what the dealer was ordering.

bill_de 08-14-2013 04:54 PM

Re: Are dealers ordering these?
 
They are just processing the orders now. The dealers ordered for stock the same day the customer orders began. Give them a chance. :)


---

CNY_WK2 08-14-2013 04:57 PM

Re: Are dealers ordering these?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GunninIt (Post 875943)
Was trying to look for dealer inventory, and can't find any "in transit", or, in other words "being built." Wondering when you guys think these may be headed to local dealer.

I held off on placing my order because I want to get behind the wheel of one first. Seeing that retail orders are expecting delivery in 8 weeks or so, I have to imagine some of the dealers should be expecting theirs around the same time.

Thoughts?

FWIW, inventory searches via jeep.com or any dealer site have yielded nothing. When the 2014 Grands were coming out, you could at least see what the dealer was ordering.

If your local dealer is up to it, see if they will order one to your specs and if you don't like it, they will keep it...no deposit of course.

GunninIt 08-14-2013 04:59 PM

Re: Are dealers ordering these?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 876009)
They are just processing the orders now. The dealers ordered for stock the same day the customer orders began. Give them a chance. :)


---

Waiting...is the hardest part.

(Thanks Tom Petty).

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNY_WK2 (Post 876011)
If your local dealer is up to it, see if they will order one to your specs and if you don't like it, they will keep it...no deposit of course.

Not a bad idea, to be honest. I'll have to look into that.

providenceautos 08-22-2013 10:59 AM

Re: Are dealers ordering these?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GunninIt (Post 876012)
Waiting...is the hardest part.

(Thanks Tom Petty).



Not a bad idea, to be honest. I'll have to look into that.

Just be aware that any dealer is only going to get two allocated builds at first. Most dealers by now have already ordered their stock and they aren't able to order more until the next allocation.

hudsonhawk 08-23-2013 10:02 AM

Re: Are dealers ordering these?
 
I must have been one of the lucky ones. My dealer ordered my TH and I Received the production scheduled email the next day.

The dealer was good and ordered it with no obligation to purchase and no down payment required.

barnettdlb 08-25-2013 05:44 PM

Re: Are dealers ordering these?
 
The delay with the transmission software thing contributed to the actual timing of inventory reaching dealers.

It seems to me though that initially they need to make more Trailhawks and upper end Latitude/Limiteds. Most of the early energetic buyers seem to be looking at those.

aquin 09-02-2013 07:10 PM

Re: Are dealers ordering these?
 
I just placed my order and went all out . I can't wait.

providenceautos 09-11-2013 04:21 PM

Re: Are dealers ordering these?
 
Our first two Cherokees are due to ship next week, a Limited FWD and a Latitude 4WD. We have about 6 customers ready to buy as soon as they are here - we'll see who gets in the door first!

GunninIt 09-13-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by providenceautos (Post 891717)
Our first two Cherokees are due to ship next week, a Limited FWD and a Latitude 4WD. We have about 6 customers ready to buy as soon as they are here - we'll see who gets in the door first!

And let me guess, you'll be marking them up. Supply and demand, after all.

tl47715 09-13-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunninIt (Post 892780)

And let me guess, you'll be marking them up. Supply and demand, after all.

I like capitalism. Just do your research for a fair price among dealerships in your area.

GunninIt 09-13-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tl47715 (Post 892783)

I like capitalism. Just do your research for a fair price among dealerships in your area.

Not a slight to capitalism, just the stupid people who think because the dealer says it's "rare" means they have to pay OVER MSRP...

#dealertricks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community