Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Mercedes-Benz steps into the Cherokee world.. sort of (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/mercedes-benz-steps-into-the-cherokee-world-sort-of-64142.html)

RageOfFury 08-14-2013 08:43 PM

Your thoughts on the new crossover suv from Mercedes-Benz, the GLA, which seems to be roughly the size of the new Cherokee.

http://www.daimler.com/dccom/0-5-162...0-0-0-0-0.html

http://gla-class.mercedes-benz.com/com/en/#!/

Scottina06 08-14-2013 09:19 PM

Re: Mercedes-Benz steps into the Cherokee world.. sort of

that's a friggin car.....lol

maxbear 08-14-2013 09:42 PM

At 1st I was like humm then I was like emmm and then I was like errrr.

jtdelisio 08-15-2013 06:18 AM

I've been seeing a lot of arguements of how "ugly" the new cherokee is. When they see the trailhawk and the interiors they are like Oh well that's pretty pimp. That new benz is horrendous all around!!! Charge that one to the game!

4jeepdiesel 08-15-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 876144)
Your thoughts on the new crossover suv from Mercedes-Benz, the GLA, which seems to be roughly the size of the new Cherokee.

The new Mercedes-Benz GLA | Daimler > Brands & Products > Product Highlights > Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class

The new GLA

With what looks like 22" rims, low profile tires and low clearance I'm not sure how that would be anything that could do well in deep snow/rough roads. That being said I'm sure it drives like a dream & is very luxurious.

studio1930 08-15-2013 10:25 AM

It is amazing how well it handled that gravel road in their trailer video!!! :rolleyes:

RageOfFury 08-15-2013 10:42 AM

You can't honestly say that the new Cherokee is a pure SUV. The Cherokee, along with the Range Rover Evoque, BMW X1 and this new Mercedes GLA, are compact crossovers. They are car-based "suvs". The days of the XJ are long gone.

The new Cherokee might have a more "selectable" 4WD system, but 99% of it's drivers will never take it off road.

All I am saying is that the new Cherokee has more in common with the GLA, Evoque, CX5, etc than with the XJ. It also has some fierce competition from practically all car makers, whether it's Koreans, Japanese, Germans or Americans.

Jeep has a fight on it's hands. They need to come out with a flawless vehicle (not like the 2014 WK2 and 2013 Dart) in order to make a dent in the segment.

We Jeepers just gotta keep an open mind, look at the bigger picture.:thumbsup:

bill_de 08-15-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 876492)
You can't honestly say that the new Cherokee is a pure SUV. The Cherokee, along with the Range Rover Evoque, BMW X1 and this new Mercedes GLA, are compact crossovers. They are car-based "suvs". The days of the XJ are long gone.

The new Cherokee might have a more "selectable" 4WD system, but 99% of it's drivers will never take it off road.

All I am saying is that the new Cherokee has more in common with the GLA, Evoque, CX5, etc than with the XJ. It also has some fierce competition from practically all car makers, whether it's Koreans, Japanese, Germans or Americans.

Jeep has a fight on it's hands. They need to come out with a flawless vehicle (not like the 2014 WK2 and 2013 Dart) in order to make a dent in the segment.

We Jeepers just gotta keep an open mind, look at the bigger picture.:thumbsup:

That represents a common sense approach to looking at things. :thumbsup:

But, you are missing the emotional ... the Cherokee is ugly, but not as ugly as that, and at least it's a Jeep. :lol:

studio1930 08-15-2013 11:09 AM

Merc trailer...:rolleyes:

J GC trailers...:thumbsup:

bill_de 08-15-2013 11:13 AM

It's in the same, sort of class, as a Cherokee, not a Grand Cherokee.

Too much video, not enough reading. :lol:

---

4jeepdiesel 08-15-2013 01:02 PM

It kinda reminds me of that Infiniti "clown shoe" shaped crossover thingy they made a few years back.

RageOfFury 08-15-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studio1930 (Post 876513)
snipped

It's in the same class as the 2014 (Small) Cherokee, not the Grand Cherokee.:slapfight: