Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2011 Overland Rear Suspension Thump Saga Continues--What else could it be? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2011-overland-rear-suspension-thump-saga-continues-what-else-could-it-be-64160.html)

spinxt 08-15-2013 08:34 AM

2011 Overland Rear Suspension Thump Saga Continues--What else could it be?

So I picked up my vehicle from the dealer for the 4th time and within a week my suspension thump came back. So far they have replaced:

-Both rear QL air shocks
-Both rear upper shock mounting brackets
-Both rear lower control arms

I feel like the dealer is doing little diagnosis, but rather just throwing parts at the problem. After I called back yesterday the service coordinator said "there's not much else back there". What happened to true mechanics that actually drive the vehicle, listen for the issue, diagnose the problem, try a fix, TEST drive before giving back to the customer. Each time I've picked the vehicle up, I've heard the thump they claim was fixed within a mile of the dealership.

I finally filed a complaint with Chrysler and requested that a member of the STAR team get involved. I bought this vehicle as a "certified preowned" and it has had the thump issue since day 1, I now have nearly 31,000 miles on it and it's still not been rectified.

It sucks, as other than this issue, I love the vehicle.

F500 08-17-2013 06:30 AM

Re: 2011 Overland Rear Suspension Thump Saga Continues--What else could it be?

:oI suppose it is the same issue as described in this thread: http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rear-...ing-42770.html

Personally I have given up after two years of complaints and no resolution. I just try to accept that Jeeps are like that :o

spinxt 08-17-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F500 (Post 877665)
:oI suppose it is the same issue as described in this thread: http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rear-...ing-42770.html

Personally I have given up after two years of complaints and no resolution. I just try to accept that Jeeps are like that :o

Nope, it's not the driveline bump. Mine is in the suspension. It does it even when my foot is off the accelerator.

HtownBB 08-17-2013 10:09 AM

I picked mine up from the dealer yesterday with the same issue. They are replacing the rear shocks. I heard this is only a 2000 mile fix at best.

As far as your comment about true mechanics at the dealer ships. They DO NOT EXSIST.

If they can't plug it up and some computer tell them what the issue is and what part to replace they don't know what to do. The age of someone looking at a car with just a description of the issue is long gone. Spent almost 30 minutes with the service director at my dealer talking about this. Their clam is, unless they can duplicate or see/feel/touch the issue there is nothing they can do. Chrysler will not pay them back for work done unless they can prove there is an issue.
Very similar to the blue smoke. They never re-produced it so there was no issue. I had to video it happening before they would even acknowledge it was there. Still no fix from them, but the catch can fixed it. So they are off the hook.
Good luck with your jeep and others. This is my first and OLNY jeep product I will ever own.

spinxt 08-17-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtownBB (Post 877742)
I picked mine up from the dealer yesterday with the same issue. They are replacing the rear shocks. I heard this is only a 2000 mile fix at best.

As far as your comment about true mechanics at the dealer ships. They DO NOT EXSIST.

If they can't plug it up and some computer tell them what the issue is and what part to replace they don't know what to do. The age of someone looking at a car with just a description of the issue is long gone. Spent almost 30 minutes with the service director at my dealer talking about this. Their clam is, unless they can duplicate or see/feel/touch the issue there is nothing they can do. Chrysler will not pay them back for work done unless they can prove there is an issue.
Very similar to the blue smoke. They never re-produced it so there was no issue. I had to video it happening before they would even acknowledge it was there. Still no fix from them, but the catch can fixed it. So they are off the hook.
Good luck with your jeep and others. This is my first and OLNY jeep product I will ever own.

Therein lies the problem, aside from this ongoing issue, I LOVE my Jeep. What other vehicle can you buy off the showroom floor that can tow 7,200lbs, ride like a Mercedes on the road, flip a few switches and off road on trails that other vehicles wouldn't even dare..... The mid sized SUV is a dying breed.

I just hope Jeep doesn't abandon the segment that just about every other manufacturer has. I need a Jeep, my lifestyle dictates it....