Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Sales/Price Disconnect (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/sales-price-disconnect-64203.html)

jdshaw 08-16-2013 11:33 AM

Sales/Price Disconnect

There's an article in The Huffington Post and AOL that recognizes the 2014 JGC as this summer's hottest selling vehicle. This is surprising with all the negative feedback in this forum and others about transmission and electrical problems. The HP/AOL story also indicates the average selling price is averaging 99% of MSRP. Huh? There are numerous forum sources that indicate 3% or more below INVOICE is easily achievable. Is this an alternate universe?

bill_de 08-16-2013 11:49 AM

Re: Sales/Price Disconnect

Yes. The average person doesn't join a forum before buying a car. While quite a few members purchased 14s, it is a very, very small number compared to the total number sold. Most people look at the sticker and work from there. While there is more information is available today, most don't take advantage of it.

So, the internet creates the alternate universe, you are in it, you will never get out. ;)

weck 08-16-2013 11:54 AM

My dealer said, and I quote. "This is basically a courtesy delivery, I'm making almost nothing on the sale... not worried, I'll make it up on the next lot walk on... those... I like to take their head off"

Shannon 08-16-2013 11:56 AM

If you want 5.5% off invoice, I can send you the dealer info.

lstowell 08-16-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 877232)
Yes. The average person doesn't join a forum before buying a car. While quite a few members purchased 14s, it is a very, very small number compared to the total number sold. Most people look at the sticker and work from there. While there is more information is available today, most don't take advantage of it.

So, the internet creates the alternate universe, you are in it, you will never get out. ;)

I sure see a lot fewer of them gathering dust on dealer lots than just around April/May.
I helped in that effort.

As for all the complaints about Uconnect, etc. although they are a pain in the neck or elsewhere, you really wouldn't want to try to pry our 2014 Overland away from me, and the missus is even meaner.

Plus, if you think UConnect is a PITA, you may not follow the reviews of the Cadillac, earlier BMW, Ford, Audi, etc. Lets just say it appears there was a disconnect between the automobile drivers and the design engineers on that part of the product and move on and give them some time to work out the warts.

It is an awesome vehicle. It is a bit cheaper than an LR4 yet can go anywhere an LR4 can go--and more importantly, get back.

Besides, in the no accounting for tastes category, the Ford Exploder, aka the glorified minivan/crossover, is also selling well.

Don't knock it, and hope it keeps up.

Chunderboy 08-16-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 877286)
I sure see a lot fewer of them gathering dust on dealer lots than just around April/May.
I helped in that effort.

As for all the complaints about Uconnect, etc. although they are a pain in the neck or elsewhere, you really wouldn't want to try to pry our 2014 Overland away from me, and the missus is even meaner.

Plus, if you think UConnect is a PITA, you may not follow the reviews of the Cadillac, earlier BMW, Ford, Audi, etc. Lets just say it appears there was a disconnect between the automobile drivers and the design engineers on that part of the product and move on and give them some time to work out the warts.

It is an awesome vehicle. It is a bit cheaper than an LR4 yet can go anywhere an LR4 can go--and more importantly, get back.

Besides, in the no accounting for tastes category, the Ford Exploder, aka the glorified minivan/crossover, is also selling well.

Don't knock it, and hope it keeps up.

I remember the idrive system in the bmw when it first came out was an utter disaster from a marketing and training standpoint. I joined one of my buddies who purchased a 3 series for a drive to the dealership and even the tech guys were stumped as to how to get certain things to change on the system.

I think its better now, but in the beginning it was a mess.

Aiyer 08-16-2013 03:49 PM

I was at the dealership last Friday for an oil change. Was talking to the guys there how the new 2014 sales were. They said they are selling well but people are not liking the "smiley" face, but are impressed with the interiors. Apparently, their sister dealership isn't selling well at all. I didn't ask how much discount are people getting... perhaps, at this dealership, they were giving good deals for people to buy them. I don't really know, but I am beginning to see a lot of 2014s on the road.

Yes, most people just walk in there, get shown the invoice price, add few $100 over it and say it is a good deal. My boss at work paid a lot more for a 2012 Laredo (pretty basic) than I paid for a well equipped 2012 Limited. When I told him what I paid, he said that he basically got "r@ped" because he did not do any research. Most people don't even though it is easily accessible.

Cheers,
-S

Jim_in_PA 08-16-2013 04:28 PM

JGC is one of the hottest selling vehicles this summer...if a dealer isn't seeing the joy...they must be doing something wrong!

tomk 08-16-2013 05:11 PM

The dealer I bought from is selling at MSRP, and can't keep them on the lot - literally.

Luckily, I had a little angel bring me a number from chrysler that resolved that little issue :) (and no, not FFP)

...tom

Scottina06 08-16-2013 07:31 PM

the small number of problems you see here are just a drop in the bucket....probably 99% dont have any problems. JNAP cnat build enough of these babies. The SRT Jeep is even hotter....can build enough for US and overseas.

AbleRiot 08-16-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 877479)
the small number of problems you see here are just a drop in the bucket....probably 99% dont have any problems. JNAP cnat build enough of these babies. The SRT Jeep is even hotter....can build enough for US and overseas.

Man, ONE MORE MONTH until I place my Factory Order for you JNAP boys to build!!! I can't wait anymore!