Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   2014 Overland with Select Terrain? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/2014-overland-with-select-terrain-64218.html)

nonopr01 08-16-2013 06:01 PM

2014 Overland with Select Terrain?

Is this model all wheel drive all the time?
I am sure it has been discuss but I guess my key words on the search engine are not giving me a straight answer if yes or no???
I Guess it will depend if I have Quadra trak 1 or 2. I almost 100% sure that my car has Quadra trak 2
Thanks

Baalic 08-16-2013 08:44 PM

Re: 2014 Overland with Select Terrain?

If you have a 4x4 2014, its always 4x4...its more of an ALL TIME 4 Wheel Drive then an All Wheel Drive however.... The Overland is no exception to this, this can be found on the offical Jeep website on how it works etc, www.jeep.com

Baalic 08-16-2013 08:45 PM

Oh and on the overland it should be the Quadra Drive II system

The Quadra-DriveŽ II active, full-time 4WD system is the ultimate for virtually any driving situation. This system uses the Quadra-Trac IIŽ transfer case with an Electronic Limited Slip Differential in the rear axle, offering excellent tractive performance. Quadra-Drive II also features a 2.72 low range and neutral.
When to use:

High range:All road surfaces, including wet or snow-covered pavement, sand or gravel.Low range:Conditions requiring added low-speed power, technical driving, and situations when added torque is helpful (e.g. pulling a boat trailer out of water).Available on these 4x4 vehicles
  • Limited
  • Overland
  • Overland Summit
Details

Quadra-Trac IIŽ is an active, full-time 4WD system that functions in 4WD until additional traction is needed. It then reacts by electronically engaging the clutch pack to transfer up to 100% of the torque to either axle. The system works with the Brake Lock Differential and Four-Wheel Brake Traction Control systems to deliver confident all-weather traction. The Quadra-Trac II 4WD system also features a 2.72:1 low range and neutral for flat towing.
When to use:
  • Virtually any driving situation
Standard on these 4x4 vehicles
  • Limited
  • Overland
  • Overland Summit
Detailsbuild & price
Available on these 4x4 vehicles
  • Laredo
  • Laredo X
Details

bill_de 08-16-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonopr01 (Post 877438)
Is this model all wheel drive all the time?
I am sure it has been discuss but I guess my key words on the search engine are not giving me a straight answer if yes or no???
I Guess it will depend if I have Quadra trak 1 or 2. I almost 100% sure that my car has Quadra trak 2
Thanks

Yes

With the Hemi you have Quadra-Drive II

---

nonopr01 08-16-2013 09:01 PM

Thanks for the reply i am stoked.
Yes V8 hemi, yes Overland 2014, yes 4x4.

jdchamp31 08-16-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 877530)
Yes

With the Hemi you have Quadra-Drive II

---

You only have QuadraDrive II if you add it on as an option. The HEMI comes standard with QuadraTrac II. QD2 is NOT standard on the HEMI.

jdchamp31 08-16-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdchamp31 (Post 877545)
You only have QuadraDrive II if you add it on as an option. The HEMI comes standard with QuadraTrac II. QD2 is NOT standard on the HEMI.

The option for QD2 costs around $795. Any HEMI you buy without that option comes with QT2.

willjeep 08-17-2013 08:55 AM

I was surprised to find out QDII, only the rear axle has ELSD. IE: the ability to transfer 100% torque to right or left wheel. On my 2005 both front and rear had ELSD.

Baalic 08-17-2013 10:05 AM

the main diff being QL and ELSD right?? at least what I always gathered. Off Road Adventure Package for the win!!

ExcursionDiesel 08-17-2013 10:11 AM

The front axle can still transfer torque left or right. The individual brake grabs the spinning wheel and the open diff sends the torque to the other side.

There is a video in the QT2 vs QD2 that shows a WK QD2 with front ELSD and a WK2 with QT2 crossing a steep rutted incline where the front right tire goes airborne. The QT2 front axle is the same as the QD2. Both systems applied torque to the front axle wheel on the ground. The ELSD rotated the airborne tire a little less but both negotiated the obstacle well. I think the the ELSD on the rear helped push up the hill with a steadier pace.

Newer electronics allow the QT2 to respond faster and more accurately so it appears there is now less difference in capability.

bd

bill_de 08-17-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdchamp31 (Post 877545)

My mistake. It only adds it with the HDMI if you select or2 :o

---

nonopr01 08-17-2013 02:07 PM

I am looking at my build sheet and it has quadra-trac II 4 wd system with select-terrain system amd quadra-lift air suspension.
4 wheel drive traction control also in the sheet
Hemi v8