Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Interior Light on When key is removed? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/interior-light-on-when-key-is-removed-6422.html)

cwelk87gn 02-10-2010 12:07 PM

Interior Light on When key is removed?

I am still getting used to this Jeep, and need a little help! I know on my old Tahoe, when you pull the key out of the ignition the interior lights come on. Well I noticed last night that the Jeep doesn't do that. I wasn't sure if they're not supposed to or if there's something wrong with my GC. They come on when you open the door or turn the multifunction switch, so I know it must be something else. Any help you guys can give me would be appreciated!

Scottina06 02-10-2010 12:15 PM

Re: Interior Light on When key is removed?

go through the step menu I believe to activate it

i0r15 02-10-2010 12:26 PM

^^ yeah there's an option for that in the personal settings. Just browse it and you'll find it

LTrainGC 02-10-2010 12:40 PM

I thought that setting in the EVIC menu was that the headlights would stay on when you turned the truck off - not the interior lights. I don't think the interior lights will come on unless you open the door. I might be wrong though.

Matt 02-10-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTrainGC (Post 148244)
I thought that setting in the EVIC menu was that the headlights would stay on when you turned the truck off - not the interior lights. I don't think the interior lights will come on unless you open the door. I might be wrong though.

x2.

08Hemi 02-10-2010 01:11 PM

^X3

B.P.O.D 02-10-2010 01:47 PM

^x4

cwelk87gn 02-10-2010 01:56 PM

Thanks guys! I just wasn't sure if I could turn that feature on or what. BTW iOR15, sadly, I remember that episode of Top Gear in your sig, thats the one when the guys were driving the diesels from Switzerland to turn on the Christmas lights in Blackpool....how sad is my life?

08Hemi 02-10-2010 03:43 PM

^^ HAHA I love that show!!!

i0r15 02-10-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwelk87gn (Post 148305)
Thanks guys! I just wasn't sure if I could turn that feature on or what. BTW iOR15, sadly, I remember that episode of Top Gear in your sig, thats the one when the guys were driving the diesels from Switzerland to turn on the Christmas lights in Blackpool....how sad is my life?

Hehe....yeah that's right. Seen all the 14 seasons about 4 times.... Best car show ever :thumbsup:

Btw.....might be that the light only comes on when opening the door....will check it out. I know that my easy enter/exit enables when key is taken out though :D

B.P.O.D 02-10-2010 04:25 PM

its a very biased show not a fan:( sorry guys