Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Corsa nightmare V.2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/corsa-nightmare-v-2-a-64280.html)

2011hemigc4me 08-18-2013 08:30 AM

Corsa nightmare V.2

3 Attachment(s)
Well got my corsa cat back for my 2014 today and long and behold a problem. The driver side rear muffler was crushed. Since the truck was on the lift and it was crushed on the top non visable went ahead and installed. Well let say it sound horrible hollow echo at 2k then goes into a trumpet sounding scream.:mad: This is not my first issue with this product back in 2011 I install same unit on my old WK2 . In that case it was the baffel on one of the front smaller mufflers. Corsa send me the replacement and loved the product ever since. The box did not appear damaged and the hardware inside was protected with instapak foam. Which leads my to believe that maybe instapak foam might have expanded and pushed on the muffler when they were pack the box. I send them an email let's see how quickly they resolve this. Bummer

RUSH - 2112 08-18-2013 08:42 AM

Re: Corsa nightmare V.2

Sorry to see that. Obviously frustrating/disappointing. Good luck.

TheSiltSurfer 08-18-2013 12:07 PM

Endless bummer right there buddy I feel for ya. This is actually my next major upgrade. Other than the smashed resonator let me know how fitment of the new 2014s pan out. I remember all the older ones had that issue you had previously as well I hope its all resolved. Godspeed on getting her going +)

2011hemigc4me 08-18-2013 02:13 PM

Same part number as 2011-2013 bolts right up.

2011hemigc4me 08-20-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011hemigc4me (Post 878120)
Well got my corsa cat back for my 2014 today and long and behold a problem. The driver side rear muffler was crushed. Since the truck was on the lift and it was crushed on the top non visable went ahead and installed. Well let say it sound horrible hollow echo at 2k then goes into a trumpet sounding scream.:mad: This is not my first issue with this product back in 2011 I install same unit on my old WK2 . In that case it was the baffel on one of the front smaller mufflers. Corsa send me the replacement and loved the product ever since. The box did not appear damaged and the hardware inside was protected with instapak foam. Which leads my to believe that maybe instapak foam might have expanded and pushed on the muffler when they were pack the box. I send them an email let's see how quickly they resolve this. Bummer

This will now escalate to me contacting Amex holding payment. There is no one taking fault on this damage parts. I spend $1400 on a exhaust from a vendor that does not care or consider the fact the item shipped from their Ohio factory like this. So it like robbing me blind.

Corsa--"It appears that you have more than a muffler that is damaged. The visible damage noticed during unpacking of the exhaust should have been noted immediately.* Just curious, what compelled you to install a damaged product?* We apologize for the inconvenience, but you need to call Auto-Anything, explain your situation, and have them contact *the shipping provider." DONT buy the Corsa this is second problem within 2 years with them.

highoctane 08-20-2013 07:41 PM

I have to say I kinda see where they are coming from. I'd have never installed it. Hopefully your credit card company can do something.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

2011hemigc4me 08-20-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highoctane (Post 879600)
I have to say I kinda see where they are coming from. I'd have never installed it. Hopefully your credit card company can do something.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Well since I was being charged $200 already for the install and the truck was on the lift with stock exhaust removed I told them install it and I would contact Corsa and swap out the rear muffler myself to save me from paying another $200 to install again. This is not my first rodeo with this company. With my last corsa the front resonator rattled and unit was replaced and have been content with the product. This time I paid more for the same part number and have been meet with resistance from their support. Since the box had no physical damage and all item were covered with instapak foam the only thing I can think is that they packed it and the instapak expands it pushed down on that area of the muffler. I would find it had to think they shipped it like that.

gogo 08-23-2013 09:01 AM

I was considering purchasing corsa also, which K&N intake do you have?

gogo 08-23-2013 09:05 AM

is this the part number you ordered?

Part Number 14457
Corsa Performance Exhaust - CORSA Products

gogo 08-23-2013 09:05 AM

is this the part number?
Part Number 14457

655321 08-23-2013 02:18 PM

The corsa rep I spoke with was clueless. She indicated they had no idea if the 2011-2013 exhaust would work with a 2014.

2011hemigc4me 08-23-2013 08:57 PM

I'm still stuck with out a resolution to this issue. Auto-anything pointing at Corsa. I've called Corsa and spoken to numerous people that will get back to me or that I should receive an email with update by the end of the day which is now turned into week. :mad::mad::mad: