Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Ordered Trailhawk (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/ordered-trailhawk-64329.html)

Demps 08-19-2013 11:32 AM

Ordered Trailhawk

Ordered my Trailhawk on 8/9 with everything except sunroof and tow group for $39K. Received my VON number but does not register yet. Dealer told me that my order was in "C" group and must get in "B" group before it will show where it is in production. I suspect they are not yet building the Cherokees until all kinks are worked out. Latest I read was when climbing with rear diff locked, power was only sent to rear wheels when detecting tire slippage. Ugg.

tl47715 08-19-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demps (Post 878778)
Ordered my Trailhawk on 8/9 with everything except sunroof and tow group for $39K. Received my VON number but does not register yet. Dealer told me that my order was in "C" group and must get in "B" group before it will show where it is in production. I suspect they are not yet building the Cherokees until all kinks are worked out. Latest I read was when climbing with rear diff locked, power was only sent to rear wheels when detecting tire slippage. Ugg.

That sounds a bit high. How much lower than MSRP did you pay?

Shiva 08-19-2013 12:22 PM

Re: Ordered Trailhawk

Quote:

I don't know where you read this. Rear diff available only in 4 low.

Demps 08-19-2013 12:43 PM

The dealer ordered it for me without any negotiations and I have not signed anything - plan to negotiate when it arrives and I can always walk away. Will likely trade in my '04 Liberty.

Also - if the rear diff is locked, it HAS to be in 4wd Low. So, the problem is there, apparently.

TheOne 08-19-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiva (Post 878820)
I don't know where you read this. Rear diff available only in 4 low.

It's a 4WD Low, not a 4x4 LOW. There is no transfer case to split torque 50/50. When in 4WD low, the power is still 100% on the front axles, and can transfer up to 100% in the rear when the computer decides it want's to.

Explained fairly well here :
2014 Jeep Cherokee KL Hits The Dirt

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP Magazine (Post 878820)
The Ugly: We absolutely didn’t like the 4x4 system. Even in low range, Rock mode, and with the rear diff locked the Active Drive system only sends power to the rear wheels when it senses tire slippage. The result is a very distinct inability to drive elegantly. You line up at an obstacle and start to climb and the rear kicks in only after the front tires start to spin. In a sense, you drive the Active Drive Lock system like you would an old GM pickup with a Gov-Lok rear differential: generate a lot of wheel spin and then – Bam – the other side starts pulling. It was fine for the novice drivers in the group who were just ham-fisting up hills hard on the gas, but for experienced off-roaders like us used to driving elegantly, it was counterintuitive and not enjoyable.

I don't know about the exactitude though.

Shiva 08-20-2013 02:06 AM

TheOne, where you find this info? May be bug in software.

tl47715 08-20-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiva (Post 879216)
TheOne, where you find this info? May be bug in software.

Jp mag review. The caveat was that they were preproduction....at least I hope do.

RED BEAST 08-20-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Ordered mine also. VON number does not appear yet. But I was told that there were no restrictions and the Trailhawk should be built right along with all the other Cherokees!

jtdelisio 08-20-2013 06:01 PM

I just got this e-mail today, and it's not the first e-mail I've received. I know that Mango Tango, eco green and the full sunroof are expecting late December availability.

"I want to advise you that the interior option D5X9 (Black Interior Trim) and color option PAU (Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat) are currently on restriction. The color option PAU has an anticipated availability date of 16 September and the interior option D5X9 has an anticipated availability date of 1 October. Please let me know if you would like to wait until these options are available or if you would like to continue the build with different options. "

The D5X9 trim is for the standard trail hawk interior.

Seguerski 08-20-2013 07:42 PM

D5X9, is that the premium cloth with leather, or leather?

jtdelisio 08-20-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seguerski (Post 879601)
D5X9, is that the premium cloth with leather, or leather?

It's for the standard interior (cloth w/leather).

Seguerski 08-20-2013 09:40 PM

That's weird. I wanted the standard seats, but my dealership said I'd have to order leather group. Is it possible to have a submitted order changed (C status)? I don't care if I have to wait longer to get my Jeep the way I want it!