Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Borla Attack and Borla S type questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/borla-attack-and-borla-s-type-questions-64370.html)

Jeep.ME 08-20-2013 02:14 AM

Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
i want to ask you guys regarding the borla Atack, any of you face any leakage problem or check engine or other stuff due to cutting the pipe for installing? what about pipe should be heated and get bend a little bit to set on the right place ?

Also, the same question for the Borla S type, does it sound nice and worth the price? or shall i wait for the corsa's on back order?

thanks for your help in advance

phillysrt 08-20-2013 06:57 AM

Re: Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep.ME (Post 879218)
i want to ask you guys regarding the borla Atack, any of you face any leakage problem or check engine or other stuff due to cutting the pipe for installing? what about pipe should be heated and get bend a little bit to set on the right place ?

Also, the same question for the Borla S type, does it sound nice and worth the price? or shall i wait for the corsa's on back order?

thanks for your help in advance

these exhaust kits are so stupid simple to use....pull it up on a lift (not even really needed actually) cut the tube and then put the new pipes on and clamp down...it took me 45 mins to do it just because I didn't like how the drivers side tip was sitting so I heated some things up and bent some stuff to make it sit more in the middle of the cutout!

no leaks at all, these exhaust are quality kits... go with the ATAK, you wont be disappointed.

Scottina06 08-20-2013 07:21 AM

Re: Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
ATAK hands down.....s type is too quiet. No problem here....just bolted it on

Jeep.ME 08-20-2013 07:57 AM

Re: Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
So it doesn't need heating right? It will fit in the bumper perfectly?

Scottina06 08-20-2013 09:10 AM

Re: Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
mine did

phillysrt 08-20-2013 10:36 AM

Re: Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep.ME (Post 879286)
So it doesn't need heating right? It will fit in the bumper perfectly?


mine did as well

Jeep.ME 08-20-2013 12:14 PM

Re: Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
So some heating is needed just to confirm?

phillysrt 08-20-2013 12:19 PM

Most likely

Jeep.ME 08-20-2013 12:25 PM

Re: Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
That's strange because borla ppl told me That no any mods is needed just cut and install

Artofnoize 08-20-2013 02:20 PM

To assume that every 2014 SRT and every Borla kit are exactly the same is just silly. I'm my experience, some need tweaking, some don't.

phillysrt 08-20-2013 02:27 PM

Re: Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep.ME (Post 879397)
That's strange because borla ppl told me That no any mods is needed just cut and install

you think that borla is going to say "ya some kits don't fit perfect, your going to have to do some adjustments" hahaha

of course they will say that...

lstowell 08-20-2013 02:54 PM

Re: Borla Attack and Borla S type questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep.ME (Post 879397)
That's strange because borla ppl told me That no any mods is needed just cut and install

And your congressman told you he was from the government and he was here to help you...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community