Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 Grand Cherokee problems with 10 miles (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-grand-cherokee-problems-with-10-miles-64402.html)

NavyDoc 08-20-2013 09:05 PM

2014 Grand Cherokee problems with 10 miles

We got our new Grand Cherokee Limited and the next day the floor started shaking over every bump we went over. On top of the vibration there is a very loud "clunk" that happens over each bump. We finally got into service after four days and they asked me if, "I had brought it to another mechanic and had work done, because the bolt from the sway bar to the links aren't even put together correctly?" I told them that I bought it from them on Friday and, being that it was Monday, of course I didn't bring it to someone else to mess with. They were confused and didn't understand how Chrysler could make such a mistake. They are currently ordering the parts and trying to fix it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation where they bought a jeep that needed new parts after 10 miles...

jerryw1000 08-20-2013 09:24 PM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee problems with 10 miles

Well, at least we know what part of the line the dope smokers and beer drinkers were working that day.

That's a bummer. They should have gotten a factory rep to come see that.

GCL2014 08-20-2013 09:30 PM

Our 2011 Grand Cherokee has a similar issue. The sway bar was not torqued properly and had a bad rattle. It was an easy fix, but was a pain to deal with. It was a good truck till the end, but was constantly in the shop for key issues and not starting up as a result.

We now have a 2014 Limited and are still working through issues.

NavyDoc 08-20-2013 09:31 PM

No kidding. This is our first Jeep and I really hope that it won't be our last, but this doesn't help their cause.

NavyDoc 08-20-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCL2014 (Post 879656)
Our 2011 Grand Cherokee has a similar issue. The sway bar was not torqued properly and had a bad rattle. It was an easy fix, but was a pain to deal with. It was a good truck till the end, but was constantly in the shop for key issues and not starting up as a result.

We now have a 2014 Limited and are still working through issues.

What type of issues do you have?

GCL2014 08-21-2013 11:43 AM

Misaligned hatch (fixed), shaking in steering and seat (has been balanced twice and is better, but not perfect) and transmission (flash fixed most of my complaints, but i think they still have a little ways to go. It is not perfect)

Icetech 08-21-2013 11:53 AM

I have read threads from other people with loose suspension parts... should be unheard of.. but things happen..

My 2014 has 2000 miles on it.. zero issues other than the load lvling shocks making noise.. no biggy there..

tomk 08-21-2013 05:49 PM

I have 3400mi on my Overland, other than the intermittent keyless entry it has been a tight ship.

The dealer should have notified corporate if it looks like an assembly problem. Trust me, the plant wants to know.

...tom

NavyDoc 08-21-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomk (Post 880119)
I have 3400mi on my Overland, other than the intermittent keyless entry it has been a tight ship.

The dealer should have notified corporate if it looks like an assembly problem. Trust me, the plant wants to know.

...tom

It's interesting that you would say that because I went into the dealership and told the general manager what happened and he basically said "OH". Maybe I just have a terrible dealership and I should contact corporate directly.

tomk 08-21-2013 06:42 PM

Somewhere in the top five rules of awesome quality is "the pain of a quality issue needs to be felt at the point where the issue started"

Meaning: It doesn't do anybody any good to "just fix it".

They should at least file a starcase saying "we saw this brand new WK2 with this problem, wtf?" (which might be an abuse ofthe starcase system, but whatever..)

...tom

NavyDoc 08-22-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomk (Post 880159)
Somewhere in the top five rules of awesome quality is "the pain of a quality issue needs to be felt at the point where the issue started"

Meaning: It doesn't do anybody any good to "just fix it".

They should at least file a starcase saying "we saw this brand new WK2 with this problem, wtf?" (which might be an abuse ofthe starcase system, but whatever..)

...tom

I got it back today and the mechanic said that they informed Chrysler about it. Apparently, according to this mechanic, the robot just put bolts through the links where they didn't belong and then stripped the ones that were in the right place. I must have got very unlucky to (hopefully) have one of the few with this problem right off the lot.