Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   RRO Lift or Level??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/rro-lift-or-level-64446.html)

smith417 08-21-2013 08:04 PM

RRO Lift or Level???

I've had my jeep for about a year now and I'm ready for a lift! Spoke with my local 4x4 shop today and they warned me about problems with the wk2 and the lift kit. They said people were having problems with electronic stab. and even death wobble. Hopefully that was due to them putting spacers on and not the lift... Anyways, now I'm not sure if I should go with the leveling kit or just go ahead with the lift. It will be light offroad use in mud and sand.

smith417 08-22-2013 09:20 PM

Opinions??

Mr Big 08-24-2013 09:31 PM

Re: RRO Lift or Level???

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith417 (Post 880197)
I've had my jeep for about a year now and I'm ready for a lift! Spoke with my local 4x4 shop today and they warned me about problems with the wk2 and the lift kit. They said people were having problems with electronic stab. and even death wobble. Hopefully that was due to them putting spacers on and not the lift... Anyways, now I'm not sure if I should go with the leveling kit or just go ahead with the lift. It will be light offroad use in mud and sand.

There are quite a few people on here with both the RRO Leveling and the RRO Lift kits and from what I've read both kits are favorable. Maybe the problems they are having is from a different manufacture and not Rocky Road Outfitters. I would definitely look at RRO before anyone else on a 2011 or newer jeep GC spacer lift. I was torn between the two myself so I just decided to go the the Dobinsons lift kit. Should be in by the end of the month. here's RRO's link. Good luck.

Off-Road Equipment for the Serious Enthusiast

lp967 08-25-2013 12:47 PM

I just installed the RRO leveling kit on our 2011 and I think it is great. It still rides great and looks like how a 4x4 is suppose to look in my opinion. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a leveling kit. I'm sure their lift is of similar quality as well.

smith417 08-25-2013 06:51 PM

Yeah. I'm still torn between the two. I don't need the lift but I'm afraid with the leveling kit the rear will squat too much when I have stuff in the back. Does yours sit completely level or is the front down a bit still? Also, what size tires do you have?

lp967 08-25-2013 07:41 PM

It sits pretty level. Maybe just a tad bit lower in the front still from looking at the picture but not much. I put the stock 245/70/17's back on there with Rubicon wheels. I think it will fit a little taller tire but I didn't want them to look stuffed in there.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/...ps767fe77f.jpg

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/...psf80d7e78.jpg

From what I understand with the lift is that is will still sit level, just a little bit taller. Like I said I am very happy with the leveling kit.

Mr Big 08-26-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lp967 (Post 882335)
From what I understand with the lift is that is will still sit level, just a little bit taller. Like I said I am very happy with the leveling kit.

I'm pretty sure that the lift kit maintains the factory rake. The Rubi Rims look really good with that body color.

smith417 08-26-2013 05:48 PM

I will give RRO a call and double check. I'm pretty sure the lift keeps the factory rake. I dont want to get the leveling kit and have it squat I hate that... but I dont need the lift lol.... ugh. decisions decision...

CityCrawler 08-26-2013 07:17 PM

The lift does NOT level the truck. I called RRO prior to ordering my level kit.

smith417 08-26-2013 07:27 PM

Yeah thats what I thought. Do your tires rub? It looks good man. Does the rear squat easily? I'm gonna get one of the by the end of the week! Still dont know which. I would like the leveling kit but I dont want it to squat easily.

lp967 08-26-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CityCrawler (Post 882903)
The lift does NOT level the truck. I called RRO prior to ordering my level kit.

Thanks. I stand corrected then.

lp967 08-26-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith417 (Post 882908)
Yeah thats what I thought. Do your tires rub? It looks good man. Does the rear squat easily? I'm gonna get one of the by the end of the week! Still dont know which. I would like the leveling kit but I dont want it to squat easily.

I wouldn't say it squats easy. It does a little when I load it down with camping equipment or hooked up to my 3500# pop up camper. Having the tow package may give it some stiffer springs. I'm not positive on that though.

The tires do not rub at all and I have fully flexed the suspension out to where it lifted tires to be sure. I'm getting ready to run the trails around Ouray Colorado next month so I wanted to be sure that there is no rubbing.