Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Remote Start DIY Install Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/remote-start-diy-install-help-64455.html)

jlewissystem 08-21-2013 10:46 PM

Remote Start DIY Install Help

Hello people of the Garage! It's been a long time - hope all is chill around here. I had to come back to the "all-knowing" spot for some assistance:

Has anyone on here installed the Mopar remote start system(2006 WK)? I just installed it and am having issues with the programming. All wires seem to have good connections, as i soldered and wire sleeved. All tests seem to run correctly. I can pickup a tach signal, my brake, horn, light recognition works. The only thing i'm skeptical of is the hood sensor - it just rattles....when i use the remote start remote: it honks 4 times and turns my radio on, but does not crank. I'm not sure if i missed something in the programming, if the hood switch is incorrect or if the remote start unit has an issue - or something else :) Any help is appreciated!

kennzz05 08-22-2013 12:59 AM

Re: Remote Start DIY Install Help

cant you just bypass the hood switch to confirm? it is possibly a mercury or ball type switch so the rattle is probably normal not sure if this matters but i think if you have a check engine light on it wont start, so if youre ck eng light is on that could be it also

jlewissystem 08-22-2013 07:56 AM

Thanks for the reply! The hood switch seems to be "ball" technology as it constantly rattles. The only reason that i'm suspect of the switch is because it rattles. I dont know how it works - i'm assuming that putting an electrical current through it will stop that ball, but i could definately be wrong. I've heard that the switch needs to be working and is required, but i dont know. I dont have a check eng light on currently.

kennzz05 08-22-2013 08:24 AM

it works by making and breaking a set of contacts based on the position of the ball. The ball actually act as the conductor, if its only two wires going to it try it first with the wires jumped to each other (put togeather), than without (disconnected and not touching anything)

jlewissystem 08-22-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 880405)
it works by making and breaking a set of contacts based on the position of the ball. The ball actually act as the conductor, if its only two wires going to it try it first with the wires jumped to each other (put togeather), than without (disconnected and not touching anything)

Thanks for the explanation - that makes sense. Am i barking up the wrong tree and my issue is elsewhere? I dont understand where my issues lies, if all my wires are hooked up correctly and all are getting signal - so, i dont get it :)