Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Building new Cherokee? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/building-new-cherokee-64470.html)

Demps 08-22-2013 08:50 AM

Building new Cherokee?

Jeep has been unusually silent on whether they have started building the new Cherokee, or are they still adjusting the shifting. Does anyone know?

I am still waiting for an email with my VIN number for a Trailhawk that I ordered Aug. 9. I cannot track on VOTS (Vehicle Order Tracking System) until I receive the last 8 characters of the VIN.

providenceautos 08-22-2013 10:45 AM

Re: Building new Cherokee?

Everything I've heard is that production has started. Of our two Latitudes that were approved as our starting orders, one has been assigned a serial number and a tentative ship date. I do not know if Trailhawks or Limiteds are being built yet - we ordered those as well but the factory cancelled those orders. All dealers are allocated only two Cherokees to start, as far as I know. For us, they picked our Latitude orders to fill.

Blinker Fluid 08-22-2013 05:12 PM

Production started last month. I believe shipping has started (or will start this week).

barnettdlb 08-25-2013 05:51 PM

Jeep had a media announcement when customer production started at the end of June.
The delay due to re-programming transmissions did not stop the build just the delivery timeline was delayed until September.
It seems plausible that they will be in route this coming week.
I heard Jeep is planning a large media blitz... probably take advantage of football season.

aquin 09-02-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demps (Post 880423)
Jeep has been unusually silent on whether they have started building the new Cherokee, or are they still adjusting the shifting. Does anyone know?

I am still waiting for an email with my VIN number for a Trailhawk that I ordered Aug. 9. I cannot track on VOTS (Vehicle Order Tracking System) until I receive the last 8 characters of the VIN.

Congrats, I ordered the limited with the 3.2 and lux. ::I can't wait. I hear the dearlers should have it by the thre week. I am hoping on oct

firewire 09-02-2013 10:06 PM

You would think they could ship the V6's though right? Doesn't the transmission issue only apply to the Tigershark? And it's 8-9th gear shift on that combo?

aquin 09-03-2013 08:10 PM

well i am hoping for the best. i cant wait. 271 hp . i am coming from a crv with 184 hp :D

aquin 09-03-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demps (Post 880423)

i have been abscessed for a month. look at the lasted news from the local toledo new paper online >>> called Blade,, i saw they ship on sept 9.th
i just purchased my limited 3.2 4x4 indigo blue.... i still can't be leave it.... now i wait...i was given my poc with my VON # but i can't get info on the web sit...

Willx 09-03-2013 08:45 PM

There are Cherokees that have been built and are in storage since July.... Soon to be released. The ones I have seen are V6, but I know there are some Tigersharks there too now.

Willx 09-03-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquin (Post 887210)

i have been abscessed for a month. look at the lasted news from the local toledo new paper online >>> called Blade,, i saw they ship on sept 9.th
i just purchased my limited 3.2 4x4 indigo blue.... i still can't be leave it.... now i wait...i was given my poc with my VON # but i can't get info on the web sit...

Why not become a premium member level III or higher and we can track your order for you?

aquin 09-03-2013 09:41 PM

how do i become a premium member or higher? on this forum?:confused:

aquin 09-03-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 887259)
Why not become a premium member level III or higher and we can track your order for you?

i just did now what.how can track it:thumbsup: