Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Limited recall? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/limited-recall-64475.html)

Tristar 08-22-2013 10:31 AM

Limited recall?

Ok, I am a bit aggravated right now so my apologies if this seems short or poor in tone.

We ordered a Limited GC in June, and through the great tracking tool on here (Thanks Milous for that service!) we found the vehicle arrived early this week. Fast forward to yesterday when we were supposed to pick it up, and they tell us they are having issues updated Uconnect.

I go over to the dealer today to just see the vehicle, and they tell me it has been sent back to some distribution center (near Chicago, does this even exist?) because there is a recall on the Limited vehicles.

Does any of this sound real? My fear is a porter damaged the vehicle or it was damaged during shipment, and it is spending time in the body shop. We buy cars once every ten years or so, and I do not want to accept an almost 50k vehicle that has already been damaged. (If that's the case)

Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scottina06 08-22-2013 10:35 AM

First weve heard of it.

GCL2014 08-22-2013 10:45 AM

Re: Limited recall?

If you are concerned, I wouldn't take delivery. On our 2011 the day before pick up, the guy said the seat tipped and they were ordering a new one. Took two weeks and I never bothered to check it out as the dealer wasnt close by. We leased anyways And I looked over the car and didn't find anything out of place.

amnesia 08-22-2013 11:25 AM

I ordered an Overland back on MAY 15. Tracked it on the Jeep website through various stages. I was concerned when "my" Jeep was in final inspection for 21 - yes 21 days. On Aug 9 I finally asked the dealer to try and locate a similiar on on another dealers lot or retun my deposit. Dealer called to find out what was going on. I got nothing but vague nonsense about inspections when I asked about the Overland vis the official jeep website. Dealer finally said a group of limited's had significant problems and were not being released. A bunch were just sitting in a storage lot. Jeep never contacted me about the reason for the delay. Bad consumer relations to say the least.

weck 08-22-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristar (Post 880461)
Ok, I am a bit aggravated right now so my apologies if this seems short or poor in tone.

We ordered a Limited GC in June, and through the great tracking tool on here (Thanks Milous for that service!) we found the vehicle arrived early this week. Fast forward to yesterday when we were supposed to pick it up, and they tell us they are having issues updated Uconnect.

I go over to the dealer today to just see the vehicle, and they tell me it has been sent back to some distribution center (near Chicago, does this even exist?) because there is a recall on the Limited vehicles.

Does any of this sound real? My fear is a porter damaged the vehicle or it was damaged during shipment, and it is spending time in the body shop. We buy cars once every ten years or so, and I do not want to accept an almost 50k vehicle that has already been damaged. (If that's the case)

Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have a Limited... unaware of any recall. Seeing as the same components are used on multiple trims, your dealer sounds pretty full of it...

Tristar 08-22-2013 01:07 PM

I will update when I hear back from the dealer. I appreciate the responses thus far. What a bummer...

jeepinAl 08-22-2013 02:38 PM

If you're compiling recent info...

I have a Limited on order that spent about 12 days in inspection ( nothing too out of the ordinary, I hope) and is now on a train heading to DC. I'll let you know if it somehow has a "hold" on it. Expected delivery now Aug 30th

Al

Tristar 08-22-2013 03:38 PM

Is anyone familiar with Star Electronics? Supposedly something had to be fixed with the electronics, and they had to send it there. Chrysler supposedly told the dealer some vehicles have this issue, and it known.

Going to pick it up tonight, just looking for some input.

mswlogo 08-22-2013 10:44 PM

My limited was accepted by order tracking on 7/18 and shipped on 8/12 !!! 3+ weeks

It shipped on a Monday and Arrived on Friday of the same week (to MA).

Soup to nuts in less than a month.

Came faster than I really wanted. I have messy projects going that I'd rather of had the old Jeep work on.

acilate 08-23-2013 02:05 AM

I would ask for documentation on what happened, and what the fix was. If this is a known issue, Chrysler should have a TSB or something out on it.

padgett 08-23-2013 08:02 AM

Maybe it thinks it is Christmas.

In the daze before the Internet no-one would have known, now everyone does. One thing to remember, every day you do not have your heep is costing CJF money so you can bet there is a reason.

As for a recall, there has never been a public TSB or recall on the Pentastar head problem, CJF is just practising mushroom management.

GCLimited 08-23-2013 08:28 AM

$50,000 for a Limited?

:eek:

I ordered some options for my 2014 Limited, and I was still below $40,000.