Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   2014 Jeep GC Front Bumper Replacement (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/2014-jeep-gc-front-bumper-replacement-64534.html)

siegs7 08-23-2013 02:40 PM

2014 Jeep GC Front Bumper Replacement

Hello,

I had to have the front bumper replaced already, after only 2 months of owning. Apparently the clips that hold the bumper on were not proper, and no way to fix other than replacing the entire front bumper.

Since getting my vehicle back with the new bumper, I noticed that my fog lamps are not aimed properly - 1 is really dim and the other shines right in on-coming traffics eyes! I took my Jeep back in and told them that the fog lamps are mis-aligned since they replaced the bumper. Even the service adviser took a look with me and he agreed that they were not aligned properly. They took it into service, but told me that "Everything is operating as it should" and that there is no adjustment possible for the fog lamps! What! I immediately called Jeep Customer Service, and they told me to please take it back in and have them look at it again. I'm so frustrated.

I called to make an appointment and they told me they'll take another look, but there is no way to adjust them.

Any ideas? If they are unable to re-align them properly, do you think I should demand they replace the bumper assembly again?

Thanks for reading.

Scottina06 08-23-2013 04:40 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep GC Front Bumper Replacement

the adjustment screws are on the rear if I remember correctly

siegs7 08-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 881334)
the adjustment screws are on the rear if I remember correctly

Thank you for that!

BobsWK2 08-23-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siegs7 (Post 881243)
Hello,

They took it into service, but told me that "Everything is operating as it should" and that there is no adjustment possible for the fog lamps! What!

Thanks for reading.

"Everything is operating as it should" to Chrysler means that the lights turn on. That's it.:)

siegs7 08-24-2013 08:33 AM

Is there anyone able to confirm that the fog lamps are adjustable? I am still being told that there is no way to adjust them.

siegs7 09-21-2013 03:12 PM

Just a quick update...I took my Jeep to another dealer and they had no troubles adjusting the fog lamps. Guys - save yourself a lot of head-aches! Find a dealer you trust and who knows what they're doing. This took me 2 months and finally Jeep customer service asked me to please go to another dealer. I can say, I found my trust worthy dealer!

seeingwhite 09-21-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siegs7 (Post 897364)
Just a quick update...I took my Jeep to another dealer and they had no troubles adjusting the fog lamps. Guys - save yourself a lot of head-aches! Find a dealer you trust and who knows what they're doing. This took me 2 months and finally Jeep customer service asked me to please go to another dealer. I can say, I found my trust worthy dealer!

Thanks for the update. If you are comfortable doing so, you should share with us who your first dealer was. Accountability is important! Thanks.

Jeff_Jeske 09-21-2013 04:52 PM

Sometimes the bulbs aren't seated tight and thus are aimed wrong. Might be worth checking it yourself.

jeep5.7 09-21-2013 07:19 PM

the fog lights are extremely easy to adjust,just turn the wheel inaccordance per side your adjusting,remove the quarter turn fastner and gently pull back the liner,look up at fog assmbley and theres a torx adlustment screw,very small size,park in front of a wall or garage door,you can actually watch them move up n down and align them to the way that makes you happy,i used a driver bit torx and put it on the screw and turned it as I watched them move,plenty of room and no need to remove anything,i moved mine up a little after I installed both hid kits after putting bumper back on,pm me if you have a issue

Zybane 09-21-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siegs7 (Post 897364)

That's why I do everything I can myself. Fog lights not adjustable? Give me a break. Keep your vehicle away from the dealer as much as possible. Why not adjust them yourself?