Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Deal-Breaker The Seats (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/deal-breaker-the-seats-64537.html)

DAVISinLA 08-23-2013 06:02 PM

Deal-Breaker The Seats

:(
I’m pretty bummed. I had done lots of research and was fully prepared to order a GC today. Had my checkbook and my "build" specs. My local dealer was great and let my wife and I take one out on our own for a while.

I loved the way it drove, but I kept feeling like I had something in my pockets sticking into the sides of my thighs. Turns out that it was the side bolsters of the seat.

I’m not a big guy, so it was very surprising that I couldn’t sit between the bolsters. There was just no way I could get comfortable.

Does this bug anyone else?<O:p</O:p

tomk 08-23-2013 06:15 PM

Re: Deal-Breaker The Seats

hm, I am a moderately big guy, haven't had a problem.. the seat bolsters seem OK to me.. so dunno..

wuaname 08-23-2013 06:32 PM

Lol not a problem here. What car and year is it that you drive day to day?

Briant73 08-23-2013 06:40 PM

Seats are subjective to different people. I had a lot of problems with the seats in the Bmw X3 during test dives but alot of people like them. I like my highlander seats but the Jeeps werent bad to me just firm and a bit narrow.

DAVISinLA 08-23-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuaname (Post 881378)
Lol not a problem here. What car and year is it that you drive day to day?

The one I want to replace is a 2002 Highlander. But I also drive a Miata, Mustang, MR2 and Acura TL all on a relatively regular basis with no problems.

Yea, I agree that it's very weird. After reading all the reviews, I was prepared for a nice comfy ride.

pfp_az 08-23-2013 06:55 PM

I'm a fairly big guy and came from a Chevy Avalanche. I wouldn't say the seats are as comfortable as my last ride but they are definitely not a problem.

tony4311 08-24-2013 04:37 PM

Love the seats. Even better is the lumbar support with my back issues. Best lumbar I've had in a vehicle so far.

hotspur 08-24-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony4311 (Post 881783)
Love the seats. Even better is the lumbar support with my back issues. Best lumbar I've had in a vehicle so far.

Especially with the up/down lumbar adjustment that is not often found.

mswlogo 08-24-2013 07:41 PM

I love the seats.

I've seen the same complaint on our VW CC, we love those seats too.

My guess is, you'd probably get used to them and they will break in a little.

You're probably used to mushy seats.

AAAA 08-24-2013 08:10 PM

My butt has widened over the years. My "complaint" about the seats is that the seat bottom seems hard, like a ballpark seat to me. I tried a MY14 Limited with the Lux. pkg. at the dealer recently and that seat felt better. I don't really know. Sometimes I can be a real pain in the ass.

Supertech30 08-24-2013 08:26 PM

I have the same problem but I have this problem in a lot of cars including my Mazda 3. I have had the car for about three weeks and I am still getting used to it I will it's boney ass not the car. If I let this stop me I would be stuck driving Buick's and minivans not me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

bill_de 08-24-2013 08:38 PM

The seats are not the most comfortable, but adequate. I have gotten used to them, but on more than a 10 minute ride my wallet goes in the console, and my wallet isn.t that thick. When I first got into a '13 and mentioned to the saleman that the seats seemed a bit narrow, he said no problem as the bolsters are adjustable. This was the same salesman who told me the Overland wood was really plastic. He is also the salesman who didn't sell me a Jeep. :)

---