Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   WK2 Fender Lips (?) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/wk2-fender-lips-64551.html)

Radknight 08-24-2013 06:49 AM

WK2 Fender Lips (?)

1 Attachment(s)
Gents, a week after ordering my '14 SRT, I finally got the chance to test drive one while traveling on business interstate. Needless to say, I don't regret ordering one bit although I didn't really get a chance to really open 'er up.

However, I noticed on the demo that they had rear fender lips to prevent water and mud spraying onto the paint. Has anybody encountered these and where can you get them? You wouldn't notice them unless you really looked (I have eagle eyes). Seems like a minor but useful addition aside from full on mudflaps which might not look so good on an SRT.

mrmaker 08-24-2013 07:23 AM

Re: WK2 Fender Lips (?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radknight (Post 881566)
Gents, a week after ordering my '14 SRT, I finally got the chance to test drive one while traveling on business interstate. Needless to say, I don't regret ordering one bit although I didn't really get a chance to really open 'er up.

However, I noticed on the demo that they had rear fender lips to prevent water and mud spraying onto the paint. Has anybody encountered these and where can you get them? You wouldn't notice them unless you really looked (I have eagle eyes). Seems like a minor but useful addition aside from full on mudflaps which might not look so good on an SRT.

I had them on my SRT, my dealer put them on before i took delivery, i did not like them and took them off, their free to a good home:)

Radknight 08-24-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaker (Post 881579)
I had them on my SRT, my dealer put them on before i took delivery, i did not like them and took them off, their free to a good home:)

Cool, thanks. I might hit you up in November if they don't put them on mine.

Sweet ride BTW. I was looking at the white Stormtrooper SRT myself but the wife has a thing about white cars that I can't overcome. Maybe I'll see you one day at the lights. I'm in the North Rocks area.

Scottina06 08-24-2013 09:09 AM

must be an export thing. First time Ive seen them.

CARFRA 08-24-2013 09:17 AM

FYI , It came from FIAT design ( F500) . but in the Wk looks to big in the horizontal portion

chicagojeeper 08-24-2013 01:37 PM

I'll take the fender lips if you still have them. I'm in Chicago. Let me know how much shipping and handling is. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

AAAA 08-25-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagojeeper (Post 881718)
I'll take the fender lips if you still have them. I'm in Chicago. Let me know how much shipping and handling is. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Shipping from Oz is not going to be cheap.:eek: