Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   gps doesnt locate closest location (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/gps-doesnt-locate-closest-location-64588.html)

wuaname 08-25-2013 12:19 AM

gps doesnt locate closest location

I have done a search and cant find a solution. The gps on my 2014 limited didnt pick up the closest grocery store, the week b4 it sent me to b.f.e. for an auto parts store, and today it didnt pick up the grocery store 500 ft from where I was lol :lol: any ideas?

Milous 08-25-2013 01:22 AM

Re: gps doesnt locate closest location

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuaname (Post 882021)
...The gps on my 2014 limited didn't pick up the closest grocery store...

I've heard that Jeep 4x4 models are programmed to NOT locate ANY grocery stores.

Baalic 08-25-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 882033)
I've heard that Jeep 4x4 models are programmed to NOT locate ANY grocery stores.

no grocery getting in tge 4x4, they will however find every soccer field in town still!! lol i kid i kid!

wuaname 08-26-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 882033)

LOL, it's not quite a Bently or Mercedes, so I have to do my own grocery shopping, not the butler, lol....

MikeON 08-27-2013 05:24 AM

It's probably not the Jeep, but the maps. If I navigate to my home address, it would put it about 300 feet south of my home. My handheld Garmin, the GPS apps (3 of them) in my iPhone, and my sister's Tom-Tom all behave the same way. I think they all rely on the same maps, which aren't very accurate in this area. If I navigate to a saved waypoint to my home, it is right on the money.

StaticFX 08-27-2013 07:08 AM

yeah, its the same here, there are some places it doesnt know about. Did you see if yelp has it (although thats 5x slower to search)

jacko15 08-27-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeON (Post 883125)
It's probably not the Jeep, but the maps. If I navigate to my home address, it would put it about 300 feet south of my home. My handheld Garmin, the GPS apps (3 of them) in my iPhone, and my sister's Tom-Tom all behave the same way. I think they all rely on the same maps, which aren't very accurate in this area. If I navigate to a saved waypoint to my home, it is right on the money.

I run into this problem too with different GPS systems. If it's a location that I'll return to I use lat-long to pinpoint it, and save it to my favorites. Here's a site that lets you pinpoint the lat-long down to a couple of feet.
Lat - Long Finder: This page helps you find Latitude and Longitude

Even a grocery store! :D