Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   The Rule of 2 (Button Presses) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/the-rule-of-2-button-presses-64652.html)

Tony407 08-26-2013 05:04 PM

The Rule of 2 (Button Presses)

I've been noticing a regular pattern with my Jeep, and it's quite frustrating. It seems like it takes 2 presses of buttons for anything to work. Cruise control resume, lift gate (either by the fob button or the outside handle), locking the doors after I've parked & exited, seat memory buttons, etc., etc., etc.

Anyone else notice this?

(Note- the lift gate fob often needs 4 presses in order for it to open.)

Tony

1st jeep 08-26-2013 05:33 PM

I definitely have experienced the door handle issue. It started a few weeks ago and i know that I am keeping my hand away from the the underneath and inside. Sometimes it takes 3 presses. Thought it was just me. However, my exterior rear lift gate button is flawless!!

Tony407 08-26-2013 05:48 PM

Re: The Rule of 2 (Button Presses)

I know the door handle button is recognizing the press, because the parking lights still flash, yet the doors don't lock. On the second press, they lock fine. I'd say this happens about 1/3 of the time.

Tony

deucekegler 08-27-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony407 (Post 882831)
I've been noticing a regular pattern with my Jeep, and it's quite frustrating. It seems like it takes 2 presses of buttons for anything to work. Cruise control resume, lift gate (either by the fob button or the outside handle), locking the doors after I've parked & exited, seat memory buttons, etc., etc., etc.

Anyone else notice this?

(Note- the lift gate fob often needs 4 presses in order for it to open.)

Tony

I've noticed that if I press the unlock button on the fob, then press the lift gate button 2 times it will open. Otherwise, it takes 4 presses for me too.

StaticFX 08-27-2013 07:03 AM

thought this was just me!

Liftgate from the fob (2,3,4 times... once in a while.. it just wont do it)
Remote start
on the radio - nav - first press highlights the nav icon, 2nd switches to it
steering wheel - channel switcher (left behind middle button) 2 clicks to switch the first time

driving me nuts

jorgetx 08-27-2013 10:04 AM

I've noticed that if I press the liftgate button twice too fast, it doesn't recognize both presses. If I press it, pause briefly, and then press it again, it works fine.

bigpappy33 08-27-2013 01:12 PM

I am with all you guys. Liftgate, door lock. All of it is finicky.

bumpinjeep 08-27-2013 01:39 PM

The door lock button works after like 3 presses. Oh and the VR in my car does not work what so ever. I gotta take it back to the stealership to get that fixed. Sigh, the ownership of an American car.

1st jeep 08-27-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 883148)
thought this was just me!

Liftgate from the fob (2,3,4 times... once in a while.. it just wont do it)
Remote start
on the radio - nav - first press highlights the nav icon, 2nd switches to it
steering wheel - channel switcher (left behind middle button) 2 clicks to switch the first time

driving me nuts

I totally didn't even think about having to press the Nav button twice...but your right (mine will do this occasionally when starting with either method)!! And my steering wheel volume control needs 2 presses to begin to react.

Tony407 08-27-2013 01:51 PM

Thanks for everyone's input. It's nice to know mine isn't the only one, although it would be even nicer if none of us had these problems.

Tony

BobsWK2 08-27-2013 08:27 PM

I figured I would try and send an email to Jeep about the keyfob not opening the liftgate with 2 clicks. Maybe if others do the same, Jeep will get off their keister and find the cure.

Here is the link if others would like to do the same.

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.jsp

Click on "I Need Customer Assistance" and then "Send us an email"

Maybe with more online complaints, something will get accomplished.

tomk 08-28-2013 06:53 AM

Hm, I haven't had any of these multiple-press issues.. I have the x.19.x firmware..