Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Jeep Cherokee fans stop complaining.

8K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  grandriver125 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I'm not complaining anymore, just not buying. I'll just wait another five years to see if they can truly designed a good looking vehicle that fits squarely between the Grand Cherokee and the Wrangler.

#8 ·
I think Jeep isn't going to make anything close to what the XJ was. The new cherokee is a cute-ute crossover. Small cute-utes like the RAV-4 and CR-V have been selling like hot cakes for decades now and Jeep wants a piece of that action. If this one sells well then they will only replace it with something similar. I think if you want to get something that is rugged and made for an actual trail that is a Jeep vehicle, stick with a 4 door Wrangler. Even though they are getting damn expensive. I was going to get a 4 door unlimited JK before picking up my 14 LTD WK. A fully loaded Wrangler is...$50,000. No, im not joking.

#9 ·
What bothers me most about it is that It doesn't come close to the JK in ground clearance, approach angles, break over angles, etc. It's just another crossover. Can't see the forest service buying these to replace their retiring Cherokees.

#10 ·
What bothers me most about it is that It doesn't come close to the XJ in ground clearance, approach angles, break over angles, etc. It's just another crossover. Can't see the forest service buying these to replace their retiring Cherokees.

#11 ·
Bound to happen sooner or later. The KJ couldn't touch the XJ when that came out and they ended up building the compass and patriot. This is basically the new version of the compass & patriot combined. Put a "Trail Rated" sticker on it and there you go. It's similar when Porsche started making the Cayenne, purists hated it but Porsche made money hand over fist.

#13 ·
You're completely right and that's why many real Jeepers are upset. The new cherokee is a cute-ute, nothing more, nothing less. It's going after the small cross-over crowed, ie RAV-4, CR-V, etc. The Jeep it replaced was rugged and off road worthy. I think if they kept the Cherokee name for something that deserves it and put a compass name on this thing, purists would be happier. Then again, the whole "trail rated" marketing ploy is just that, stick it on something with all season tires and apparently it will go anywhere lol.

#14 ·
The Limited has Active Drive II which means a transfer case with a Neutral for towing it behind a motorhome four down (or flat if you prefer). IMO there will be a LOT of sales to RVers (starting with us). It may well not be as "off road" worthy as the Liberty or other Jeep products but for what we want (ours will have all the options except for the extra speakers and a CD player) for towing and as my wife's car, we think it will serve our needs 100%. Her Escape is going in on the trade as it was a PITA to tow (no transfer case). Over the past year she has observed the nice things on my Town & Country Limited and decided she wanted the same options. Well, she is getting several that were not even available on my T&C so she will be one step ahead of me. Now, that means I'm going to have to upgrade in a year or two since it doesn't seem right that she has more gizmos than I have. :)

#16 ·
Hey, I see you made your order on 8-9. I made mine on 8-31. I can't believe this has been delay after delay. Milous can't see my order on mots. I log on to vot and all it says production scheduled .. And that is it .. I wish I had some dates... Do you have and further info?

#22 ·
I am a bit old school in that I like to hold a magazine in my hand rather than read on a computer screen. That said, I bought the October 2013 issue of Motor Trend. (Sorry I don't have a URL, so you will have to use Google or some other search engine to find it) It has a highly complimentary assessment of the 2014 Cherokee on page 56--so much so that I had to check to see if the word "advertisement" appeared anywhere in the margins. I sincerely hope I am as impressed with my first drive as MT was with theirs.

#28 ·
OK, this will be my last. Perhaps one of the better reviews with respect to scope. I have a Limited with the V6 on order. If I had a 4 cylinder on order I'd change it to the 6 after reading this review.

2014 Jeep Cherokee Review By David Thomas

#29 ·
A couple months ago, I thee out the Subsru Crosstrek as a possible contender (at least for me). I am disappointed in the mpg of both engines. I realize the Cherokee is more capable off road (in Trailhawk trim) than any Subaru, and I have only had Grand Cherokees in the past 12 years, but fuel economy is a big selling point. So, congrats to you Trailhawks buyers, I will miss the nice UConnect and such, but have decided to go the underpowered, yet 25/33 Crosstrek route, for now .

#37 ·
A couple months ago, I thee out the Subsru Crosstrek as a possible contender (at least for me). I am disappointed in the mpg of both engines.

I like the crosstek, drove one and checked out the interior but it is smaller than Cherokee (at least on paper). Cherokees are more in the zone of Escapes, CRVs etc. I guess if the CH was as small as the Crosstek it would get a little better mpgs?

#39 ·
If its a software issue fix, thats not something that happens overnight. The changes need to be made and then tested and validated and thats once they get it where they want it. I would not be at all surprised if this takes a couple more months. I'm glad they want to get it right but chrysler needs to get it together with these launches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.