Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Jeep Cherokee fans stop complaining. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/jeep-cherokee-fans-stop-complaining-64656.html)

NPrunner 08-26-2013 05:47 PM

Jeep Cherokee fans stop complaining.

Great article from Detroit free press

Mark Phelan: 'Vette, Mustang, Cherokee fans, stop complaining already | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

barnettdlb 08-26-2013 07:44 PM

Re: Jeep Cherokee fans stop complaining.

Good article and No kidding... yes the world has moved on.

When the vaunted Cherokee's and Grand Cherokees came out in the 80s, there were Jeep purist who rolled over in their graves. "Going Soft" were the reviews.

tl47715 08-26-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnettdlb (Post 882916)

When the vaunted Cherokee's and Grand Cherokees came out in the 80s, there were Jeep purist who rolled over in their graves. "Going Soft" were the reviews.

Still don't like the DRL's, but want capable vehicle off road with decent mpg. Can't find another vin that class. Coming from 02 GC.

Dan_public 08-26-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnettdlb (Post 882916)

This is excellent news! Just think how scarce the new Cherokee would be if everyone wanted one!!!

Hmmm... We should probably spread false rumors to tamp down demand. (Just kidding.)

Dan.

Goldengriff 08-27-2013 01:20 AM

I want sales to suck until I get my cherokee ordered so they will have more incentives, then I hope they sale like hot cakes...hehe

SE3.5 08-27-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPrunner (Post 882851)

I am currently driving a 2009 Cadillac CTS. The Cherokee Limited is looking good to me. :D

talon38c 08-30-2013 10:01 AM

I'm not complaining anymore, just not buying. I'll just wait another five years to see if they can truly designed a good looking vehicle that fits squarely between the Grand Cherokee and the Wrangler.

bumpinjeep 08-30-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talon38c (Post 885002)
I'm not complaining anymore, just not buying. I'll just wait another five years to see if they can truly designed a good looking vehicle that fits squarely between the Grand Cherokee and the Wrangler.

I think Jeep isn't going to make anything close to what the XJ was. The new cherokee is a cute-ute crossover. Small cute-utes like the RAV-4 and CR-V have been selling like hot cakes for decades now and Jeep wants a piece of that action. If this one sells well then they will only replace it with something similar. I think if you want to get something that is rugged and made for an actual trail that is a Jeep vehicle, stick with a 4 door Wrangler. Even though they are getting damn expensive. I was going to get a 4 door unlimited JK before picking up my 14 LTD WK. A fully loaded Wrangler is...$50,000. No, im not joking.

talon38c 08-30-2013 02:29 PM

What bothers me most about it is that It doesn't come close to the JK in ground clearance, approach angles, break over angles, etc. It's just another crossover. Can't see the forest service buying these to replace their retiring Cherokees.

talon38c 08-30-2013 02:32 PM

What bothers me most about it is that It doesn't come close to the XJ in ground clearance, approach angles, break over angles, etc. It's just another crossover. Can't see the forest service buying these to replace their retiring Cherokees.

bumpinjeep 09-03-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talon38c (Post 885127)
What bothers me most about it is that It doesn't come close to the XJ in ground clearance, approach angles, break over angles, etc. It's just another crossover. Can't see the forest service buying these to replace their retiring Cherokees.

Bound to happen sooner or later. The KJ couldn't touch the XJ when that came out and they ended up building the compass and patriot. This is basically the new version of the compass & patriot combined. Put a "Trail Rated" sticker on it and there you go. It's similar when Porsche started making the Cayenne, purists hated it but Porsche made money hand over fist.

CNY_WK2 09-03-2013 05:08 PM

Honestly though, what percentage of people ever utilize the potential of a WK2 let alone an XJ? I am sure the Cherokee fills the small crossover niche like the liberty(I know they are not exactly the same thing but an example)