Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Interested in what you guys think (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/interested-in-what-you-guys-think-64673.html)

Chunderboy 08-27-2013 08:19 AM

Interested in what you guys think

So, in the next month or so, the girl is going to take care of my belated birthday/anniversary and wanted to get me some stuff for the rig, bc lets face it, it is pretty high up on my list of things to modify right now...

So, the price point for both options are almost identical, so let me know your thoughts.

Option 1 -

1. Leather seats
2. Front window tint
3. Getting my piaa's installed
4. ATC

Option 2

1. New wheels and tires (2014 moab's most likely with duratracs)

Jim_in_PA 08-27-2013 08:34 AM

Re: Interested in what you guys think

Option 1 would be the easy choice for me of the two provided! But this is really about "your" priorities. The things in option 1 could be done individually as time and money allowed if you prefer the new shoes to start...

Chunderboy 08-27-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 883190)
Option 1 would be the easy choice for me of the two provided! But this is really about "your" priorities. The things in option 1 could be done individually as time and money allowed if you prefer the new shoes to start...

I was thinking that as well, but I do love the idea of some new shoes. I mean, the tint, ATC and wiring for the piaa's are cheap as hell and can get the leather done for $1k cash, it almost makes sense to go that route.

I mean, the wife says, "make a choice", but def a hard one.

Sh0rtBus 08-27-2013 10:22 AM

Just buy lots of bacon and call it a day!

Seriously, though, it depends on what your use for your rig really is. If you plan to take it off road, then wheels & Dura Tracs are the better option. Otherwise, the other stuff probably would work out better. But as was already stated, the other stuff can all be done piece meal, so maybe do wheels & tires and one or two of the smaller items in option 1.

Chunderboy 08-27-2013 10:29 AM

Admittedly, I would do very minimal off-roading, but it is mostly an interest in aesthetics.

TBH, i just like the look of meatier tires and different wheels.

Sh0rtBus 08-27-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 883255)
Admittedly, I would do very minimal off-roading, but it is mostly an interest in aesthetics.

TBH, i just like the look of meatier tires and different wheels.

Then it becomes a matter of which will bring you more joy most of the time. Seeing your rig with new shoes, or the feel of soft, supple leather while you're driving it, along with the lights, ATC, and window tint.

Again, seems like you could probably do wheels & tires and still do most of everything on option 1, except the leather, for not much more.