Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Aux camera image onto RHP

4K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Matty470 
#1 ·
A few months ago I purchased from Nav TV their device that will allow me to connect my camera on the rear of my caravan into my factory headunit (the RHP).
NAV-TV Corporation: ALLGIG_XG-HS Video in Motion bypass for Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles

I also purchased this to allow the camera to interface

NAV-TV Corporation: Audio and Video Interfaces

I have had no end of issues trying to get this to work.
When installed I lose my factory reversing camera, but all of the other advertised features work (video on, caravan camera when connected etc.).
According to Nav TV I need to instal a simple on/off switch to enable me to switch between the car's camera and the van's camera.

My question is;
has anyone done this to the RHP unit specifically, as I can't work out where to tap into for the switch?
Do I fit the switch inline into the power wire coming from the reversing camera, or some other feed? And if so, which wire is it as testing with a test light revealed nothing to me.....:(

Looking forward to some help (if anyone knows......)

Cheers,
Matt

See less See more
#4 ·
Haven't rung them but looked on their website.
They don't make any mention of anything for Jeeps.

(The Territory was much simpler:eek:)

Hi Matty,

Do you lose the car camera only when the caravan camera is powered? It may be as simple as a on off switch to the caravan camera power.

Cheers
No, lose the Jeep camera altogether.
Tried disconnecting everything to do with the van camera, still no go.
Just thinking while typing, I haven't tried to instal the unit and not instal the AV harness at all, might try that and see.

#5 ·
I've been emailing Nav TV for more info, and I'm more confused than ever now.
They are telling me I need to instal a video switcher to enable me to switch between cameras (makes sense).
The problem I'm having is that the van camera image is coming in via an RCA and goes into the Cam In input on the AV harness. The Jeep camera image must be within the factory wiring loom which is in a multi pin plug into the back of the unit.

So my issue is; how do I find which wire carries the video and then how do I get that into a video switcher, which has only RCA inputs as far as I'm aware of?

I'm soooooooo confused.....

#10 ·
Hi Matt,

Tony at Nav-TV mentioned your system requires a switch similar to what's been described to be complete. It was discussed that it could be shipped with my prototype system when ready and I could forward it to you... that's if you wanted to go ahead.

Cheers,
Steve

#9 ·
Hi,

I have an ALLGIG XG-HS (part - NTV-KIT260) plus the video switcher (part -NTV-INT017) a new AV harness (part - NTV-HAR120M) and video signal detector (called a V2P Kit - part - NTV-KIT068) - it all works very well indeed.

The AV harness allows access to the Jeep camera video via RCA plugs.
The Video switcher switches between the Jeep Camera and the Caravan Camera. I have the switcher controlled by the V2P Kit which means as soon as I connect the Van camera (and a video signal is detected) the switcher operates - which means I see the video from the van camera instead of the video from the Jeep camera.

Additionally I have installed a front camera as well (can be switched on at any time).

I suggest that you use the on-line chat feature (they should be online from about 10:00pm every night except Sunday and Monday) from the Website and talk to Tony Yankovsky or you can email Tony at tony@navtv.com - I found Tony to be extremely helpful in getting it set up correctly.

#12 ·
Hi,

I have an ALLGIG XG-HS (part - NTV-KIT260) plus the video switcher (part -NTV-INT017) a new AV harness (part - NTV-HAR120M) and video signal detector (called a V2P Kit - part - NTV-KIT068) - it all works very well indeed.

The AV harness allows access to the Jeep camera video via RCA plugs.
The Video switcher switches between the Jeep Camera and the Caravan Camera. I have the switcher controlled by the V2P Kit which means as soon as I connect the Van camera (and a video signal is detected) the switcher operates - which means I see the video from the van camera instead of the video from the Jeep camera.

Additionally I have installed a front camera as well (can be switched on at any time).

I suggest that you use the on-line chat feature (they should be online from about 10:00pm every night except Sunday and Monday) from the Website and talk to Tony Yankovsky or you can email Tony at tony@navtv.com - I found Tony to be extremely helpful in getting it set up correctly.
Hi PePe, glad to see that it can be done.
Did you instal the system yourself? Any photos of what it all looks like, or better still, how it's wired up?
I'm wondering because from my understanding the Laredo reverse camera system is dealer fitted here in Australia. Did the dealer fit camera have an RCA plug that allows you to connect to the video switcher?

I'm happy to manually switch between them so I'll not bother with the V2P.
I have been emailing Tony and he has been somewhat helpful, but I'm still not getting all the answers to the questions I'm asking.

Cheers,
Matt

#17 ·
Lol, my english are also not the best:)
I wasn't criticising your English Sox. When I can speak a second language... well, I still wouldn't :)

Lockpick sent me an email, which I quoted elsewhere, but it basically stated they definitely did not want to sell Lockpick to Australia. I was disappointed, though did understand why.

It is interesting that you have advice that Lockpick will work on some "Export" models. (These are typically assumed to be the same, however yours obviously retain LHD.)

If I had money to waste I'd get a Lockpick module indirectly. However the risk it may not work and that I would receive no support is one I do not want to take.

Actually, part of that last line sounded like buying a Jeep in Australia :lol:

Ciao!
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.