Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Selling my Jeep.. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/selling-my-jeep-64787.html)

gc4x4 08-29-2013 12:45 PM

Selling my Jeep..

Its a hard decision but I decided to sell my 11" Limited Hemi 4wd, I enjoyed driving it and doing some mods to it, but I started driving more for work and I cannot afford to fill the Jeep up very two days, im going to try and sell it outright first so I don't have to trade it in if I don't have to. I thought id give JG members first shot and heck ill even deliver it or meet (good excuse for a roadtrip lol). It is posted in the FS section. Thanks to all the members for advice and your knowledge, I wish all car forums were this friendly and knowledgeable.;)

I'm looking to get either a new Rav4 or Camry while they have the incentives going on.

AAAA 08-29-2013 05:02 PM

Re: Selling my Jeep..

Oh nooooooo!

peejym 08-30-2013 03:50 PM

fill up every 2 days :eek:, you work in a different state from your home?

gc4x4 08-31-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peejym (Post 885165)
fill up every 2 days :eek:, you work in a different state from your home?

Im a computer tech/home theater installer so i do a lot of city driving with stopping and starting and sometimes I have to drive 60-120 miles in one day as well, and I have to fill up so I can do it all again. Ive been getting 12-15mpg in the city and I can barely squeak out 20 mpg doing 70 on the highway if im light on the throttle.
Don't get me wrong I like my jeep but id rather have better miles per gallon than horsepower. Due to bad experiences in the past, this will be the last Chrysler product ill own so that rules out the Compass/Patriot and Chrysler cars.

Since ive had no luck selling it so far, I'm probably going to trade the Jeep in and take advantage of last day of incentives Toyota is offering on a new 2013 Camry 4cyl that gets 25 mpg city and 35 hwy and with the savings I will be able to cut my fuel cost and car payment in half.
will see what happens....:rolleyes:

nickm 08-31-2013 11:48 AM

Get a Passat diesel. You will get 45-50 mpg highway 35 city

xJoshxx 08-31-2013 04:31 PM

Jetta TDI wagon.

Still have plenty of room for your A/V install stuff and 50MPG!

Or buy a GC diesel :P

Matterhorn 08-31-2013 06:14 PM

Oh no... Computer techs are not AV techs. LOL

gc4x4 09-01-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matterhorn (Post 885695)
Oh no... Computer techs are not AV techs. LOL

Im not officially an A/V "tech", the audio/video was a hobby until I had family/friends etc ask me to help them set up their flat screens dvds,sound systems etc.. so I do do some A/V work on the side but being a computer tech is my main job.

HemiFan 09-01-2013 06:24 PM

Tough pill to swallow going from a jeep to a toyota. I totally understand though you gotta do what you gotta do!

mhassler 09-02-2013 09:44 AM

that stinks man... i had to do that with my '11 after only a year of ownership and luckily things panned out and I was able to get back into a JGC in a year.

If you haven't bought a replacement yet then check out an Imprezza hatchback. I helped my sis buy one last November and she's getting 32-37mpg and she drives ~250-miles/day combined highway and city around Baltimore (works in real estate).

It's actually pretty nice: AWD, sunroof, nav, leather, htd seats, back-up cam, roof rack, good storage space (fold flat rear seats) and we talked them down from $27k to $24k w/ two years of maintenance free. For a bit more fun you could always grab an STi and still keep good mpg's.

scooterha 09-02-2013 12:49 PM

Well... someone will get a new pano roof in the 11 when you sell or trade...

CardinalFan81 09-03-2013 06:42 AM

I traded in my Jeep for a new Camry SE several weeks ago as well! It was difficult to do but my '11 Jeep had 42k miles and I put over 25k a year on it and I wanted to sell it before it got too many miles. I got a great number on my trade and got a 27.5k SE (backup camera, nav) for under 22k. Payment is lower now on a brand new car.

Nothing compares to the Jeep but I realized I can't really afford to drive one mpg wise and depreciation wise right now. Good luck in finding something better for your situation!