Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   A/C went haywire? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/a-c-went-haywire-64814.html)

StaticFX 08-30-2013 10:02 AM

A/C went haywire?

I got in yesterday.. it was hot out (80) started the truck.. and i feel air on my feet. THen it proceeded to get warm!! The heat came on!??? (set on auto)

So, i switched to manual and turned the a/c for a bit. Tried auto again... it could not decide what to do.. first heat on the floor for about 10 seconds, then started to cool a little, then went to face vents... then back to feet/warm.. then cool.. then face.. cool. then proceeded to switch back and forth between face and floor every 15 seconds for about 10 minutes.

All of a sudden it decided... oh!??? I should be on face .. a/c.. full blast! Ahhhh... better lol.

The temp sensor outside was working fine, went up a few degrees as i drove.
Anyone have this happen? very strange

Bostondan77 08-30-2013 01:06 PM

Re: A/C went haywire?

the temp sensor on the inside might be bad

2014GC 08-31-2013 07:55 PM

I just read your post. I have a Star Case started on mine. I've been dealing with this for about five months. Sorry to say ,but I'm glad I'm not the only one.The dealer can't reproduce it. Thinks I'm crazy. I've had it in the Selling Dealer three times and another once.

This is my post.
Maybe someone else has experienced this.
When I have the AC in the Automatic mode sometimes on the interstate the AC will start blowing at a lower speed and a good deal warmer.So warm it feels like it not cooling at all. I can cut it off and on and it will start blowing and cooling like it should.So cool I have to raise the temp to 74 or higher for it to be comfortable on a 90 degree day. Now something else has started to show up.On start up with the AC in the Auto mode it will only blow through the floor and the defroster vents. I can restart the GC and play with the controls but it will only blow through the dash vents if I select the manual mode and it works fine. If I let is sit for about an hour the auto mode will work fine. The dealer can't reproduce it but it did it again today. Something else is strange, almost every time it happens the the unit reads 81Degress outside regardless what the outside temp is. As today when it was acting up it read 81,The correct temp was 94. After sitting for several hours it reads 92 the true outside temp and it worked as it should in the Auto mode. I have a Star Case started,and would like to get it fixed.
Please let me know if you have experienced anything like this.

Mark090852 09-01-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 885003)
I got in yesterday.. it was hot out (80) started the truck.. and i feel air on my feet. THen it proceeded to get warm!! The heat came on!??? (set on auto)

So, i switched to manual and turned the a/c for a bit. Tried auto again... it could not decide what to do.. first heat on the floor for about 10 seconds, then started to cool a little, then went to face vents... then back to feet/warm.. then cool.. then face.. cool. then proceeded to switch back and forth between face and floor every 15 seconds for about 10 minutes.

All of a sudden it decided... oh!??? I should be on face .. a/c.. full blast! Ahhhh... better lol.

The temp sensor outside was working fine, went up a few degrees as i drove.
Anyone have this happen? very strange

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. Warm air at feet when inside of Jeep was extremely warm from sitting in the sun. AC set to auto. It happened three times over a period of about a week. I took it to the dealer and they could not duplicate the problem. They did update me from 13.15 to 13.19 and it has been two weeks now without another recurrence. It's been working fine. Fingers crossed.

StaticFX 09-03-2013 06:08 PM

happend again today to me... i didnt have this problem before they swapped my radio.

Does anyone know if the inside temp sensor is part of the radio?

jeepinAl 09-06-2013 12:38 AM

How about: Heat not hot enough?

Driving my Jeep ( just picked up today) from DC to Charlotte tonight. Windows down and after sundown its getting a lil cold. Turn on the heat and nothing really happens. It was set on 84 ( the second highest setting next to Hi or whatever the label is) and no real warmth. Only when set to HI you could feel it and it would be HOT. Any other setting ... too cool

??????

August build