Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Installed Power stop rotors on 2011 GC overland Summit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/installed-power-stop-rotors-on-2011-gc-overland-summit-64826.html)

keepitight 08-30-2013 02:57 PM

Installed Power stop rotors on 2011 GC overland Summit

1 Attachment(s)
Just installed the powerstop 1-click slotted and drilled rotors (front and rear) on my 2011 overland summit. The package included the evolution brake pads. Very pleased with the look against my polished wheels and after the break in period, they look an feel great. Very pleased and would recommend this mod. For the package for around $320 on autoanything. It was super easy to install too. Only issue I had was with the caliper bolt. The Allen socket needed was probably a #11 but I only had a 10 and every shop I went to looking for the right size didn't have it. I made it work, just wrapped a piece of cloth around the Allen head to fill in the loose space. Didn't strip or anything. Check it out, before and after.

phisch 09-01-2013 11:02 AM

Re: Installed Power stop rotors on 2011 GC overland Summit

That looks like a great weekend project before winter gets here. Thanks for the scoop! I was just thinking about something like this on my trip back home yesterday!
Can you post the link to the product page?

keepitight 09-10-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisch (Post 885924)
That looks like a great weekend project before winter gets here. Thanks for the scoop! I was just thinking about something like this on my trip back home yesterday!
Can you post the link to the product page?

Part numbers are different between the Hemi and the v6. The Hemi part is K5955. Auto Anything had the best price, if you can find a coupon code online.

jeelo 10-22-2013 04:32 PM

do you think you can comment on the braking performance after 2+ months of use? I need to my brakes replaced soon. Any problems?

phisch 11-04-2013 07:29 AM

I'm about ready to purchase this kit. Jeep dealer wanted to charge me over 500 to replace my OEM brakes and rotors. Any updates that we should be aware of? If anyone can point me towards instructions or a great tutorial for the WK2 I'd appreciate it!

Knwilson 11-22-2013 10:26 PM

Any updates/reviews? Noticed the breaks on my wife's '11 Overland are starting to squeak and alway like to look towards aftermarket prior to the OEM replacement...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Setoutguy 11-23-2013 02:00 PM

Drilled rotors tend to crack and are just for looks. Porsche started this and the the holes in their rotor were cast in not drilled. Also remember slotting and drilling takes away mass which will effect brake temps and stopping distances.
If you like the look go for it but the slots and holes do little if anything for braking distances and they may effect pad life.

Also make sure you bed in the pads correctly. All pads and rotors need bedding in. Also flush the fluid.

phisch 11-24-2013 11:22 AM

I'm one step ahead of you. Installed NAPA premium rotors and Hawk LTS past last night. I read some accounts of powerstop rotors having bad runout straight from the box and I didn't want to take the chance. Definitely recommend the Hawks, though.

kramer_nut 12-02-2013 10:02 AM

Looks nice!

Todd3.6 12-04-2013 09:29 AM

When my OEM rotors finally wear out...

I'm going to upgrade to the V8 rotors and caliper spacers (same calipers), but I'll be getting the rotors from here:
High Performance Brake Pads and Brake Rotors - Frozen Rotors

(non-slotted or drilled)

loveracing1988 12-04-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd3.6 (Post 940178)
When my OEM rotors finally wear out...

I'm going to upgrade to the V8 rotors and caliper spacers (same calipers), but I'll be getting the rotors from here:
High Performance Brake Pads and Brake Rotors - Frozen Rotors

(non-slotted or drilled)

Rear calipers will be different since the rotors are thicker.

toddztoyz 03-03-2014 12:20 AM

Just purchased these as well! Can't wait to install them. My OEM rotors began warping at 28k and so it seems pointless to turn them because they will just warp that much faster with less metal to dissipate the heat!