Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 GC Limited - MIL Problem??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-gc-limited-mil-problem-64876.html)

2011Laredo 08-30-2013 07:03 PM

2014 GC Limited - MIL Problem???

So two days into my new lease with my 2014 GC Limited and the MIL went on....upon using it that night the light went off...so today I am driving and the damn transmission would not get out of 2nd gear....I had to pull over like an idiot and shut the car off...It has not gotten stuck since, but as you can probably assume I am livid...bringing the jeep in tomorrow morning...

Anyone have similar problems or know what this could be???

Is it a major problem???

Cant make this sh!t up!

ExcursionDiesel 08-30-2013 07:45 PM

Another owner on here had the same issue. Ended up having a defective solenoid valve in the tranny. It was the 8 speed ZF used with the V6.

bd

2011Laredo 08-30-2013 08:03 PM

Re: 2014 GC Limited - MIL Problem???

Was it a major issue for the vehicle

ExcursionDiesel 08-30-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011Laredo (Post 885284)
Was it a major issue for the vehicle

Required transmission repair. The guy said it worked perfectly after the repair.

bd

2011Laredo 08-30-2013 09:03 PM

Thanx

2011Laredo 08-31-2013 02:27 PM

Okkkk....so my fiancÚ takes the jeep to dealership due to the fact I had to work all through the night (I work in law enforcement as a Detective). Had a serious incident which forced me to stay....

So anyway...they tell her the transmission is shot....salesman says he will swap it out with another jeep...exactly same as what I originally leased two days ago....only one problem.....there's a small scratch on front bumper....he says they will take care of it Wednesday and also tint my front windows...

As much as I am livid over this, I must say they handled it well...

Oh yea one more thing....my budd got the same jeep two weeks ago and his nav isn't working right....keeps telling him to turn left when there isn't a left turn....oh we'll what can you do....guess ill have some company on Wednesday

Despite the little set back I really like this new edition....I'm on my 4 th jeep and I feel as though they made it even better this time around....

amc2002 09-11-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011Laredo (Post 885636)
So anyway...they tell her the transmission is shot....salesman says he will swap it out with another jeep...exactly same as what I originally leased two days ago....only one problem.....there's a small scratch on front bumper....he says they will take care of it Wednesday and also tint my front windows...

As much as I am livid over this, I must say they handled it well...

That is a fantastic result. Seriously. Sounds like your dealer is a rare keeper! Good luck with the new one!