Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Trigger has been pulled. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/trigger-has-been-pulled-64887.html)

CLStech 08-31-2013 01:16 AM

Trigger has been pulled.

Ordered my truck Friday. Started off Thursday evening at one of the three dealerships I was willing to do business with. I was sure I could get 1% below invoice since the wife works for Cisco (affiliate discount) but the dealership stated the SRT was not eligible. They didn't Seem to want to go below invoice with me.

Dealership number two ,the largest in the area was not willing to budge even off of sticker price since a uneducated buyer recently bought one that was on the lot for 2 days at sticker price.

The third dealership actually offered to do the 1% below invoice although I know the SRT was not eligible (saw the paperwork).

Since the third dealership was smaller and much farther away from me for routine maintenance, I attempted to try out the first dealership again. After letting them know I was already offered 1% below invoice, they agreed to 1.4% below invoice!

White w/sepia interior, pano roof, tow package, harmon kardon audio, and black vapor wheels

MSRP- $71,365
DEAL- $66,500

I think we did well...and now the wait.

mrmaker 08-31-2013 03:14 AM

Re: Trigger has been pulled.

Congrats CLStech, now my beast has a almost identical sibling in the states, i hope your wait is not too long.

CLStech 08-31-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaker (Post 885408)
Congrats CLStech, now my beast has a almost identical sibling in the states, i hope your wait is not too long.

Nice! I have not seem this combination often but we believe the sepia interior will give it a luxurious and custom feel on the inside while being beastly exterior wise.

Feel free to post pics if you have some!

Scottina06 08-31-2013 07:03 AM

Congrats!

stubright 08-31-2013 06:07 PM

Great Deal!! I got the same truck on order plus the Tire option MSRP 72,260 purchase for 67,700.00. I am 6-weeks in and still waiting to move to D1. I was hoping to get it in 10 weeks but that dosn't look to promising. Hope you have better luck than me on delivery. I think the Sepia may cause an extra delay.

JGC4x4 09-01-2013 01:10 PM

Congrats!
You did great, noticed they really don't like to discount the SRT at all.

Radknight 09-01-2013 09:40 PM

Yeah, noticed the same thing here in Oz too and you can't seem to buy one off the lot because as soon as one arrives, it's gone. Plus, they can ask whatever price they want. I saw an ad asking AUD$90k (USD$80.5K) which is about $10 above the MSRP.

I went through a private broker that takes all the nonsense out of dealing with dealers and sales people. He gets the best price for you through the dealer fleet manager and buys about 300 cars per month.

Congrats on the buy!!

14StormTrooper 09-04-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLStech (Post 885435)
Nice! I have not seem this combination often but we believe the sepia interior will give it a luxurious and custom feel on the inside while being beastly exterior wise.

Feel free to post pics if you have some!

I prob would have gone with sepia on mine too if it was available when i got mine. It will be amazing. Congrats man

CLStech 09-04-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchrist30 (Post 887527)

I prob would have gone with sepia on mine too if it was available when i got mine. It will be amazing. Congrats man

Thanks, I'm definitely stealing some of your mods!

CLStech 10-17-2013 09:59 PM

So close I can smell it!

Thanks to the tracking provided to premium members and a funny feeling in my stomach... My truck is now just hours away from me possibly being unloaded from the train for delivery.

Thank you to all the contributors on this site! Joining the ranks in no more than 48 hours!

2014 LAREDO 10-17-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLStech (Post 885394)
Since the third dealership was smaller and much farther away from me for routine maintenance, I attempted to try out the first dealership again.

You don't have to bring it where you bought it for routine maintenance. You can buy it anywhere and bring it to any Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler dealership.

Scottina06 10-18-2013 05:34 AM

Yeah....but I highly suggest an SRT certified dealer