Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   choices to make... halp! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/choices-to-make-halp-64897.html)

Alex47er 08-31-2013 11:28 AM

choices to make... halp!

Alright gents its been a while and I'm finally on to my next project... Just want to see what you guys think I should do... Got my K&N intake... Flowmaster 40 Series... Now on to the next but I want to know what you guys think? BTW throughout the last week I felt at a lost of power I've never disconnected my battery after these mods should it be done now? Give me the dirty truth gents.

DAVY27 08-31-2013 12:46 PM

Re: choices to make... halp!

the loss of power you are feeling is probably from the new muffler/catback and the loss of backpressure. I experienced this when i got my borlas installed. I have always just slap mine in "D" n drive but after it i now use the autostick. MUCH more smoother and better getup.

Alex47er 08-31-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 885602)
the loss of power you are feeling is probably from the new muffler/catback and the loss of backpressure. I experienced this when i got my borlas installed. I have always just slap mine in "D" n drive but after it i now use the autostick. MUCH more smoother and better getup.

Really Davy ?? I heard the throttle body can help any word on that? Thanks for the help Davy and I've been doing that but damn seems like I want to race everybody haha

DAVY27 08-31-2013 04:39 PM

yea it def helps a lil. I got mine from flyingryan but im still on the stock CAI. With your K+N, it should def help.

I nvr used the autostick when my jeep was stock so i cant really compare it. All i can say is i def can feel some throttle lag and dead spots when drivin in "D". In autostick, it feels o so much better, plus more fun :D

Alex47er 08-31-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 885669)
yea it def helps a lil. I got mine from flyingryan but im still on the stock CAI. With your K+N, it should def help.

I nvr used the autostick when my jeep was stock so i cant really compare it. All i can say is i def can feel some throttle lag and dead spots when drivin in "D". In autostick, it feels o so much better, plus more fun :D

Why won't you change your CAI? Yeah I heard it had better throttle response haha I could agree I stay thinking I'm in fast and furious movies lol

DAVY27 08-31-2013 06:12 PM

the price is a lil bit high for me right now. Once a deal comes up, im def getting 1. From a quick search, it cost roughly $300+. How much did you get yours?

For now, the stocker will have to do.

Alex47er 08-31-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 885694)
the price is a lil bit high for me right now. Once a deal comes up, im def getting 1. From a quick search, it cost roughly $300+. How much did you get yours?

For now, the stocker will have to do.

I think mine ran me..... Rough 290 300 bucks got mine on amazon lol credit helped haha ... Yeah for the tb got to start saving up... And after that I guess I'll be done not sure what else to do

DAVY27 08-31-2013 10:00 PM

there will always be something lol.

for the tb-
its prolly cheaper to send your tb to him to have it done, rather than a new tb. Im not sure if he still does core exchange(i bought mine from a former member),if he doesnt i can ship you my stock tb n return it when he's done. Just make sure an 09 tb will fit your 06. Im just not too sure on that.

LMK if you do :headbang:

Alex47er 08-31-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 885771)
there will always be something lol.

for the tb-
its prolly cheaper to send your tb to him to have it done, rather than a new tb. Im not sure if he still does core exchange(i bought mine from a former member),if he doesnt i can ship you my stock tb n return it when he's done. Just make sure an 09 tb will fit your 06. Im just not too sure on that.

LMK if you do :headbang:

Oh shit thanks Davy I'll do my research when I get home can't have things mix and match lol damn I really want it now too bad bill and the lady come first you know

YjagetaJeep 09-27-2013 12:52 AM

Never mind...I was going to work out a deal with Alex where he'd by my TB after I get a new ported TB from Fastman.....but then I realized We have different year Jeeps. But I had to post something once I started it so.....I'll just go to sleep now

Alex47er 09-27-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjagetaJeep (Post 900156)
Never mind...I was going to work out a deal with Alex where he'd by my TB after I get a new ported TB from Fastman.....but then I realized We have different year Jeeps. But I had to post something once I started it so.....I'll just go to sleep now

Thanks brother haha sucks I wish I got a tb maybe for Xmas start being a good boy ya know lol

Strongjeff 01-14-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex47er (Post 885619)

Really Davy ?? I heard the throttle body can help any word on that? Thanks for the help Davy and I've been doing that but damn seems like I want to race everybody haha

Ill run ya lol