Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Shaking and check engine light? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/shaking-and-check-engine-light-64908.html)

SoulStealer 08-31-2013 06:45 PM

Shaking and check engine light?

Today after leaving the grocery store with my 2014 GC v6 laredo with under 300 miles, i put the car into drive and feathered the gas and idled from 1st to 2nd. The car started to shake and the check engine light flashed. I pulled over and it went away. Anyone else have this issue?

acilate 09-01-2013 03:47 AM

Re: Shaking and check engine light?

Sounds like it could be a misfire. I don't have a GC yet, but I've had that experience.

Edit: On second read through I just realized the check engine light went off. For misfires they usually don't go off. If you have a smart phone, for under $30 you can get the Torque app and a bluetooth OBDII adapter and read the codes yourself.

billtroi 09-01-2013 04:40 AM

Hi SoulStealer,

Yes, this sounds exactly like what happened to my GC 3 days ago, V6 and 400 miles. The check engine light went on and off twice. After a couple of minutes the problem corrected itself, and all has been O.K. since. I hope this is a one-time event for both of us.

Bill

SoulStealer 09-01-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billtroi (Post 885825)
Hi SoulStealer,

Yes, this sounds exactly like what happened to my GC 3 days ago, V6 and 400 miles. The check engine light went on and off twice. After a couple of minutes the problem corrected itself, and all has been O.K. since. I hope this is a one-time event for both of us.

Bill

I absolutely hope it is too. It was very wierd, almost like the car was going so slow that it didnt know to stay in first or go to second. Ill update if it happens again. Thanks.

acilate 09-01-2013 01:59 PM

I would absolutely take it to the dealer if you're not going to read the codes yourself. Knowing what is going on now could prevent further damage if something is actually wrong.

Have you checked your fuses and grounds? It could be an electrical issue.

SoulStealer 09-02-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acilate (Post 886001)
I would absolutely take it to the dealer if you're not going to read the codes yourself. Knowing what is going on now could prevent further damage if something is actually wrong.

Have you checked your fuses and grounds? It could be an electrical issue.

I called the dealer and am waiting for a response. Could there be codes stored even if there is no check engine light? I heard the grounds may sometimes be loose, where in the engine bay is it?

SoulStealer 09-02-2013 10:44 AM

Also, would the current transmission flash have been applied at the factory? My build date is 8/13.

padgett 09-02-2013 07:53 PM

The codes are stored as "current" (light on) or "history" if it has been in the past and will remain in memory until cleared.

The dealer or Chrysler will have the complete service record and can tell you the revision of the software (many programs like Torque can identify the revision but you waould have to ask CJF what the revision code means).