Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   First Small Weekend Trip (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/first-small-weekend-trip-64909.html)

loadcoil 08-31-2013 07:02 PM

First Small Weekend Trip

The wife and I decided to take the new 2014 Overland over to Payson and surrounding area. Only about 100 miles one way but the elevation changes are numerous so thought it might be a good test of the V6.

The Jeep did awesome and the little V6 never seemed to be struggling up the grades. We averaged 22.8 on the EVIC running between 55 and 75 at times. Dang thing is quiet and comfy.

Knock on wood, so far I've not had any issues show up except losing pre-sets once, and the dreaded multiple push required on the door locks. Also noticed this on the VR. Seems strange almost like the software is not recognizing the commands. Will mention it to the dealer when I bring it in.

Overall, I am pleased as punch with this machine, albeit I have only had it a week and a little more than 400 miles.

bill_de 08-31-2013 07:12 PM

Re: First Small Weekend Trip

A good first trip under your belt is a good thing!

---

mswlogo 08-31-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loadcoil (Post 885712)
The Jeep did awesome and the little V6 never seemed to be struggling up and grades. We averaged 22.8 on the EVIC running between 55 and 75 at times. Dang thing is quite and comfy.

Knock on wood, so far I've not had any issues show up except losing pre-sets once, and the dreaded multiple push required on the door locks. Also noticed this on the VR. Seems strange almost like the software is not recognizing the commands. Will mention it to the dealer when I bring it in.

I've had some issue with VR button too, it just does nothing sometimes. Click the phone button and it works fine. Then hit VR button again and it works too.

I know putting a large USB stick (7300 songs) keeps it busy in the background for quite a long time (over an hour) and it will be slow to respond to do things.

I just did another 120 mile trip and got 28 MPG again on EVIC. Never over 65 MPH. Cruise Control most of the way.

loadcoil 09-01-2013 01:40 PM

I agree with you Bill. Now only if I can get all my supplies I take on my little business trip packed inside. I came from a 2011 Tahoe and it was pretty full at times. But, I think all will fit. Thinking about picking up one of those carriers that attach to the hitch and secure a weather proof box with tie down straps. Might be all I need.

mswlogo, I read the other thread about the two button push on a lot of the buttons. At first I thought it was me not pushing the door lock button from the outside well enough. Just today, tried getting the seat memory setup for the wife and could not. Finicky buttons aren't they?

I previously owned two Jeeps. A '99 Limited with the 4.7, which I liked, and a 2001 Wrangler with the 4.0. The Wrangler on the highway seemed to struggle to stay up with traffic. This 2014 Overland is a huge improvement from the ones I owned before and quite happy thus far.

I have been reading and lurking on JG for some time now. From the information I gathered, I know I arrived at the dealership armed with tons of the right information. Sales person even mentioned I knew a lot about the model. I figured I gave away some money on the Tahoe in trade, but saved a ton on the purchase of the Overland.

Was so pleased with the knowledge I gathered here, I became a Level 4 member. Was my way of paying it back. Thanks to all.