Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 AC Issue and guestion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-ac-issue-and-guestion-64911.html)

2014GC 08-31-2013 07:26 PM

2014 AC Issue and guestion

Maybe someone else has experienced this.
When I have the AC in the Automatic mode sometimes on the interstate the AC will start blowing at a lower speed and a good deal warmer.So warm it feels like it not cooling at all. I can cut it off and on and it will start blowing and cooling like it should.So cool I have to raise the temp to 74 or higher for it to be comfortable on a 90 degree day. Now something else has started to show up.On start up with the AC in the Auto mode it will only blow through the floor and the defroster vents. I can restart the GC and play with the controls but it will only blow through the dash vents if I select the manual mode and it works fine. If I let is sit for about an hour the auto mode will work fine. The dealer can't reproduce it but it did it again today. Something else is strange, almost every time it happens the the unit reads 81Degress outside regardless what the outside temp is. As today when it was acting up it read 81,The correct temp was 94. After sitting for several hours it reads 92 the true outside temp and it worked as it should in the Auto mode. I have a Star Case started,and would like to get it fixed.
Please let me know if you have experienced anything like this.

bill_de 08-31-2013 07:44 PM

Re: 2014 AC Issue and guestion

If this is your first post about the problem, then somebody else recently reported the same thing, or something very similar.

___

2014GC 08-31-2013 07:48 PM

I posted earlier about Erratic ATC. Posted today because it's doing something different. I just read the other post. I hate to say it but I'm glad someone else is having the same issue.Maybe we can it it fixed.

jp467 08-31-2013 09:46 PM

Mine has done that a couple times but not since I had the radio updated to 13.19

2014GC 09-01-2013 09:16 PM

I started my GC about an hour latter and it's working fine. No rhime or reason why it does it. Taking the family away this weekend and I'm driving the other vehicle. Wife is just pissed that we can't take the GC because the Ac might act up. But I'm sure the dealer will get it worked out. But it's close to hell living with this and her not wanting to drive it. I am hearing I told you so or you should have bought this or that. I am in a position to just dump it but I really like the Jeep. Just wish we could find out what the problem is.

mountain95 09-01-2013 10:56 PM

Mine did this once this past Friday for the 1st time, acted exactly like yours. I put it in auto and left in in the garage for a couple of hours and it started working again when I started it. Hasn't done it again yet but I'm just waiting on it. It appears to me the climate control temperature measurement stops functioning correctly and it gets into the wrong mode. It would work in manual mode though the A/C did not seem to be as cold even with it all the way down.

StaticFX 09-03-2013 06:00 PM

2nd time now... outside temp 64 deg... and it was HOT inside - could not get it to blow through the dash vents again.. even setting it to LO on auto.