Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   uConnect Apps? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/uconnect-apps-64930.html)

Kernalrom 09-01-2013 11:16 AM

uConnect Apps?
 
Ok..

Well I read in a previous thread someone had confirmed that the new Apps (Pandora, iHeart, Slacker etc) would be available and working September 1.. Well, I guess they missed that date as well.

These vehicles are getting sold with the promise of these apps and people are basing their buying decisions on this. Something needs to happen or I can smell a class action.

seeingwhite 09-01-2013 02:53 PM

Maybe Willx will chime in. I'm still guessing that they are diverting resources to fixing the bugs in the basic functionality first.

StaticFX 09-02-2013 12:19 PM

Plug in your phone with USB or bt. Start up pandora. Tada! Lol no app needed

seeingwhite 09-02-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 886399)
Plug in your phone with USB or bt. Start up pandora. Tada! Lol no app needed

LOL, yes, but the whole point is that the new UConnect system is supposed to offer a type of mirroring support through these UConnect apps.

jdchamp31 09-02-2013 12:36 PM

Apps are on a slight delay while the new Master SW release is being prepared for distribution.

jacko15 09-02-2013 01:31 PM

Re: uConnect Apps?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kernalrom (Post 885931)

These vehicles are getting sold with the promise of these apps and people are basing their buying decisions on this. Something needs to happen or I can smell a class action.

I've got to say the apps weren't even on my radar when I was making my buying decision. Couldn't care less now either. But that's just me, or maybe a few other people too. I wonder if the OP has talked over that class action lawsuit with his attorney yet? ;)

Evlar 09-02-2013 03:40 PM

Re: uConnect Apps?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kernalrom (Post 885931)
Ok..

Well I read in a previous thread someone had confirmed that the new Apps (Pandora, iHeart, Slacker etc) would be available and working September 1.. Well, I guess they missed that date as well.

These vehicles are getting sold with the promise of these apps and people are basing their buying decisions on this. Something needs to happen or I can smell a class action.

I hear you. I was like a kid on Christmas on Sunday morning going our to my Jeep and looking for the updated ViaMobile Apps to show on the UConnect. Nope, they weren't there even though more than one UConnect representative told me that the release was September 1st.

Sigh, so I pushed the little assist button again, thinking that perhaps there was a time in the day where we would be updated... but the UConnect person told me that it was some time during the first week of September... but he could not say when.

FAIL!!:mad:

Kernalrom 09-02-2013 03:41 PM

Re: uConnect Apps?
 
Ok.. Well if a product is promised with a set of features than that needs to be delivered. I realize all our priorities are different.. that some could care less about that feature..

Those apps are displayed prominently on the website. they need to deliver them or come out with an official statement as to why they haven't materialized.

Kernalrom 09-02-2013 03:44 PM

Re: uConnect Apps?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 886399)
Plug in your phone with USB or bt. Start up pandora. Tada! Lol no app needed

I hear ya on that but I dont like to fiddle with my phone while I'm driving.. this would seem to be a little safer.

seeingwhite 09-02-2013 03:55 PM

Re: uConnect Apps?
 
I just found this job posting from August 7th for a UConnect app engineer. Either they are running a bit behind/overwhelmed and need more people or someone got fired/quit.:lol:

Specialty Engineer in US-MI-Auburn Hills at CDI Corporation

silvermax04 09-02-2013 04:50 PM

Re: uConnect Apps?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdchamp31 (Post 886415)
Apps are on a slight delay while the new Master SW release is being prepared for distribution.

Can you tell us a little more about this "Master SW release" what is it, what will it do and when will we see it? Thanks!

ExcursionDiesel 09-02-2013 06:31 PM

If the uConnect apps use a separate data subscription and can't tether to my phone's data, then no thanks. If they are a graphic front end to the app on my phone, great!

Anyone know how these will work?

bd


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community