Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   New Cherokee at MN state Fair (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/new-cherokee-at-mn-state-fair-64938.html)

chriskan 09-01-2013 05:32 PM

New Cherokee at MN state Fair

4 Attachment(s)
Saw a Cherokee at the MN State Fair today. Think it was the same one from the Park Jeep YouTube video - white Limited. Got to sit in it and check out the rear storage. Reminded me size wise of a hatchback. Not a lot of room, but enough. The blacked out headlights make the front end look much more acceptable. Grabbed some pics too.

Attachment 28475

Attachment 28476

Attachment 28478

Attachment 28477

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

aubreysdad 09-01-2013 07:03 PM

Actually really like that front end! Not too sure about that blue/black interior. Seems almost dirty at points, along with my color blindness, can't tell which is the blue and which is the black! But the storage size looks adequate for what we need. Can't wait for them to get to dealers!!!!

barnettdlb 09-01-2013 08:38 PM

Re: New Cherokee at MN state Fair

Good Pics, thanks.
The interior shots on Jeep.com give a good idea of the color combination of blue/brown. If you go to a Jeep dealer that has a Grand Cherokee Overland with the Indigo Blue interior you will see the same color combination.

mderick 09-03-2013 11:43 AM

Thanks !
Finally a picture that depicts the amount of space in the back, not much!! with the 40 side of the seats down I wonder if you could fit a pair of skis in?

NHPATRIOT 09-03-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskan (Post 886049)
Got to sit in it and check out the rear storage. Reminded me size wise of a hatchback. Not a lot of room, but enough.

I was wondering if you could elaborate on this a bit more. What do you mean by not a lot of room? Overall? Just the cargo area? Just back seat? Etc.... Can you be a bit more specific and especially about the front/driver's room.

According to the interior dimensions Jeep has on the vehicle it has more interior front/driver room than my Patriot which actually has quite a bit for a small vehicle. So if you say it doesn't have much room and you mean overall and/or the front/driver area the figures are misleading.

I am a BIG guy at 6'3" and 300lbs. I was hoping the extra room in the front, according to the dimensions Jeep has listed, would make the new Cherokee a viable option for me. If it is small and cramped inside though it is going to be out.

chriskan 09-03-2013 03:59 PM

I was talking more about the storage room in the rear - enough room for suitcases and other gear. The problem was the car at the fair didn't have its battery connected so I couldn't adjust the seat. I'm 6'1" and I felt OK in the driver's seat, but room wise it felt more like my wife's 2011 Fusion than my 2003 Durango - my only points of reference. I'd really need to drive one before making up my mind to purchase one.

NHPATRIOT 09-03-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskan (Post 887035)
I was talking more about the storage room in the rear - enough room for suitcases and other gear. The problem was the car at the fair didn't have its battery connected so I couldn't adjust the seat. I'm 6'1" and I felt OK in the driver's seat, but room wise it felt more like my wife's 2011 Fusion than my 2003 Durango - my only points of reference. I'd really need to drive one before making up my mind to purchase one.

Ok thanks. Yeah, not being able to adjust the seat is a big factor. In my Patriot if I have the seat all the way rearward, and cranked down as far as it will go, I have a LOT of room( even for my fat ass ). If it is not there though not so good. :eek:

I agree, I need to actually sit in one and drive one before deciding anything.

SE3.5 09-04-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskan (Post 887035)

Did it have a sun roof? According to Jeep you get 1.5" more headroom without the sunroof.

chriskan 09-04-2013 08:09 AM

Yes. It had a sunroof. It was close but I had enough headroom. Like I said, without being able to adjust the seat, it's tough to know for sure but I think I would be OK with the sunroof.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4