Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/)
-   -   How do I get rid of my JGC Overland tires/wheels (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/how-do-i-get-rid-of-my-jgc-overland-tires-wheels-64948.html)

68camaro 09-02-2013 05:49 AM

How do I get rid of my JGC Overland tires/wheels
 
I have a 2014 Overland with stock 20" tires (Goodyear Forenza) and wheels. I really do not like the wheels and prefer 18" anyway.

Since I only have 350 miles on them, what is best way to sell or trade them in? Do people buy tires/rims, or does any vendor accept trade-ins on them? I know these tires are not expensive but I have no idea how much rims are worth, any thoughts on rim worth?

Thanks

Chuck

12Jeep 09-02-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68camaro (Post 886232)
I have a 2014 Overland with stock 20" tires (Goodyear Forenza) and wheels. I really do not like the wheels and prefer 18" anyway.

Since I only have 350 miles on them, what is best way to sell or trade them in? Do people buy tires/rims, or does any vendor accept trade-ins on them? I know these tires are not expensive but I have no idea how much rims are worth, any thoughts on rim worth?

Thanks

Chuck

Best way to sell them is advertising on a forum or selling them via eBay. If you want to get an idea on value search for prior sales. The cost of new wheels is also relatively easy to find, go to justforjeeps.com and look at the wheels section. I think the 2014 GC overland wheels are priced at about $580 each. You can look at tirerack.com to determine new tire pricing. Be prepared to sell the set for significantly lower than the value of a new set purchased from a dealer. If you are willing to deal on them you should have no problem finding a buyer. Good luck!

68camaro 09-02-2013 08:27 AM

Re: How do I get rid of my JGC Overland tires/wheels
 
Thank you. I know I will take a hit but something better than nothing.

Chuck

phottomatt 09-03-2013 07:52 AM

Re: How do I get rid of my JGC Overland tires/wheels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68camaro (Post 886271)
Thank you. I know I will take a hit but something better than nothing.

Chuck

PM sent

lstowell 09-03-2013 04:38 PM

Re: How do I get rid of my JGC Overland tires/wheels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68camaro (Post 886271)
Thank you. I know I will take a hit but something better than nothing.

Chuck

According to the 2014 WK2 accessories list, the 20" is 419, the 18s run from 281 to 322.

Have you asked your dealer about a swap? They, or another dealer in the area might be interested in the 20's and willing to make you a deal on a set of 18s.

68camaro 09-03-2013 05:26 PM

Re: How do I get rid of my JGC Overland tires/wheels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 887068)
According to the 2014 WK2 accessories list, the 20" is 419, the 18s run from 281 to 322.

Have you asked your dealer about a swap? They, or another dealer in the area might be interested in the 20's and willing to make you a deal on a set of 18s.

No, but that will be job tomorrow, make a few calls and see what happens?

Thanks for idea.

mjcedeno 10-24-2013 10:01 PM

Re: How do I get rid of my JGC Overland tires/wheels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Jeep (Post 886258)
Best way to sell them is advertising on a forum or selling them via eBay. If you want to get an idea on value search for prior sales. The cost of new wheels is also relatively easy to find, go to justforjeeps.com and look at the wheels section. I think the 2014 GC overland wheels are priced at about $580 each. You can look at tirerack.com to determine new tire pricing. Be prepared to sell the set for significantly lower than the value of a new set purchased from a dealer. If you are willing to deal on them you should have no problem finding a buyer. Good luck!


PM sent!

RI_2014 10-30-2013 10:36 PM

Re: How do I get rid of my JGC Overland tires/wheels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Jeep (Post 886258)
Best way to sell them is advertising on a forum or selling them via eBay. If you want to get an idea on value search for prior sales. The cost of new wheels is also relatively easy to find, go to justforjeeps.com and look at the wheels section. I think the 2014 GC overland wheels are priced at about $580 each. You can look at tirerack.com to determine new tire pricing. Be prepared to sell the set for significantly lower than the value of a new set purchased from a dealer. If you are willing to deal on them you should have no problem finding a buyer. Good luck!

I will swap my limited 18s +$$$ less then 200 miles!

kapytan83 11-10-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RI_2014 (Post 921117)
I will swap my limited 18s +$$$ less then 200 miles!

do you have a pic of the 18's?

mjcedeno 11-10-2013 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I Also have 18" límited wheels for swap or sale 300 miles on it.
Attachment 31681

kapytan83 11-11-2013 10:44 PM

Where abouts do u live? I would love to purchase those rims of u

mjcedeno 11-11-2013 10:59 PM

Re: How do I get rid of my JGC Overland tires/wheels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kapytan83 (Post 928760)
Where abouts do u live? I would love to purchase those rims of u

FL pm for more info.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community