Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Jeep tire warranty????? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/jeep-tire-warranty-64980.html)

Zetzsche248 09-02-2013 10:39 PM

Jeep tire warranty?????

Can't seem to find anything on my tire warranty,My jeep just hit 28,000 miles and my back right tire has no tread on it the other 3 look new!!

robpp 09-03-2013 09:53 AM

Re: Jeep tire warranty?????

Typically handled by tire maker. When new a tire warranty would be with.the owners manual. Go to a place run by maker and try that.

first go to stealer and have them FIX whatever is caused I is causing the early wear.

SnoFire 09-03-2013 10:41 AM

I agree with Rob on this. I'd take it to the dealer and see if they can find anything wrong with it. They will probably ask if you have been rotating the tires regularly.

Baalic 09-04-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 886848)
I agree with Rob on this. I'd take it to the dealer and see if they can find anything wrong with it. They will probably ask if you have been rotating the tires regularly.

On an AWD vehicle whats the point?

rubicontrail.net 09-04-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baalic (Post 887879)

Steering actually causes additional wear, so it doesnt matter if its AWD or not. i think the recommendation is to rotate every 8000 miles or so.

But like the original respondant said, tire warranty is typically handled by the tire manufacturer. And factory tires usually don't come with a road hazard warranty.

Baalic 09-05-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicontrail.net (Post 887891)
Steering actually causes additional wear, so it doesnt matter if its AWD or not. i think the recommendation is to rotate every 8000 miles or so.

But like the original respondant said, tire warranty is typically handled by the tire manufacturer. And factory tires usually don't come with a road hazard warranty.

Umm, I think the "additional wear" from turning would probably be so negligible that again it would be pointless. Driving as much as I do for work, I ALWAYS see the rears wear out long before the front in my Pickup. If you don't have alignment/camber issues, your front tires will last a LONG LONG time as compared to the rears in a RWD.

I can't rotate the tires in my Trans Am because they are offset in sizes, the fronts look brand spanking new still while the rears show a little wear. And I'm always pretending that car is a Go-Kart in the corners....

I would think the fronts would wear LESS because they can turn because you have little to ZERO tire scrub when cornering in normal life driving versus the rear wheels which will scub/slide even with a LSD... Now if your constantly in a state of turn at high speeds....sure...fronts will wear also but ya, that's my opinion, as I have little to zero scientific fact to back it.....though I do go through a TON of tires.....mostly because of work...but ya..

loveracing1988 09-05-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

The front tires will also chop if you leave them there. I just rotated the tires on my wife's at 5000 miles, the fronts were already starting to chop a little on the outsides.

whartung 09-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

AWD vehicles spend the vast majority on their time in "2WD" mode, whether front or rear depends on the car.

Apparently QD does a continual 48/52 front/rear split. 20/80 in "sport" mode. But most others live mostly in 2WD. So it depends on what system you're using.

Baalic 09-05-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whartung (Post 888132)

AWD vehicles spend the vast majority on their time in "2WD" mode, whether front or rear depends on the car.

Apparently QD does a continual 48/52 front/rear split. 20/80 in "sport" mode. But most others live mostly in 2WD. So it depends on what system you're using.

now THAT is a relative counter point. But on a QD, It seems to be a relative waste of time as the tires should wear mostly even anyways.

I rotate tires on a "need to" basis, if they are all wearing the same, its a redundant task.

StaticFX 09-05-2013 01:00 PM

i traded in my 2011 with 21k miles on it (yes 21k).. all four tires were in need of replacing already. Jeeps have always been hard on tires for me.

weck 09-05-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baalic (Post 888141)
now THAT is a relative counter point. But on a QD, It seems to be a relative waste of time as the tires should wear mostly even anyways.

I rotate tires on a "need to" basis, if they are all wearing the same, its a redundant task.

It's not just the act of propelling the vehicle down the road that wears the tires, it is the camber and toe settings that scrub across the tire as you are going in a straight line.

Even the rear wheels will have some amount of negative camber as well as a little toe in to aid with vehicle stability.

My VW is notorious for this as the rear toe in is aggressive to the point that the rear tires wear faster than the fronts on the outside edge, and that's a front wheel drive car.

I have not looked yet, but the jeep being a full control arm design at all 4 corners, should have the ability to adjust camber and toe at the rear. I suspect the OP has either one of the rear control arms set waaay out of spec or a failed bushing to cause that kind of uneven wear.

lstowell 09-05-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

It avoids having your tire warranty claim refused because you contributed to it...