Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Frustrated with Summit color options (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/frustrated-with-summit-color-options-65001.html)

Jarek0423 09-03-2013 12:30 PM

Frustrated with Summit color options

I really wish the Summit had the Overland's interior color options available. How come the top of the line trim is limited to dull-black and poopy-brown? I don't like dark, monotonoush interiors but I'm stuck with these two choices if I want a Summit (which I do, mainly for the looks and the three options that are not available on the Overland). What happened to Saddle?

If Jeep really wants Summit to compete with the German suspects, I suggest Jeep's design team check all the color configuration options available on the dark side.

Almost looks like the Overland was supposed to be the top of the line model with nice interior options and then they added Summit on top of it but ran out of ideas (funds?) for the interior colors...

Jim_in_PA 09-03-2013 01:27 PM

Re: Frustrated with Summit color options

No disagreement from me on this! I really dislike dark interiors. (And dark exteriors, for that matter) While black or dark brown interiors can indeed be rich-looking, they are just not the preference for many of us. Even my saddle interior has more "dark" than I prefer due to all the infusion of black. It shows the dirt (which is lighter colored) and gets hotter in the sun.

I do hope that there are more choices when it's time for me to buy the next one a few years down the road, as it were...

jacko15 09-03-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarek0423 (Post 886903)
Almost looks like the Overland was supposed to be the top of the line model with nice interior options and then they added Summit on top of it but ran out of ideas (funds?) for the interior colors...

That's why I bought an Overland! :D

lstowell 09-03-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 886991)
That's why I bought an Overland! :D

Upgrade to the SRT and see if the sepia interior is available...

tomk 09-03-2013 05:44 PM

That's why I bought an Overland as well.

seeingwhite 09-03-2013 06:23 PM

I like the brown interior, but I agree that it is limiting as I like the blue/brown better too.

I also wish they had more exterior color choices on the summit... No blue??

jgc4ever 09-03-2013 07:43 PM

I wish you could get the black summit interior (but still nappa leather) with silver trim and black wood in an overland, but with shiny black wood like the 2013 overland summit had.

JWS360 09-03-2013 08:31 PM

Precisely why we ruled out a Summit as well. "Poop Brown" and black aren't choices.

Add in the inability to get the 18" wheel/skidplate package & the Summit was doomed.

Jim_in_PA 09-03-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWS360 (Post 887216)
Precisely why we ruled out a Summit as well. "Poop Brown" and black aren't choices.

Add in the inability to get the 18" wheel/skidplate package & the Summit was doomed.

To your second point, the Summit is marketed as a luxury ride, not an off-road ride. Hence, the inability to equip it with off-road oriented stuff from the factory.

SlipperyPete 09-03-2013 10:35 PM

Couldn't agree more on the lack of color choices, what other "luxury" brand offers the least color choices on their highest trim level? And why no metallic white Chrysler? But as far as the Overland vs Summit, I went luxury over off road as I don't plan on doing any rock crawling. Plus it would be easier to outfit a Summit with the missing pieces of an Overland vs the other way around.

JWS360 09-04-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 887231)
To your second point, the Summit is marketed as a luxury ride, not an off-road ride. Hence, the inability to equip it with off-road oriented stuff from the factory.

Maybe they should sell it as customers prefer and stop "marketing".

CNY_WK2 09-04-2013 08:33 AM

I would have optioned the adaptive headlights and front parking sensors if it was possible on the Overland. Seeing as there is no big difference between the Overland and Summit headlights or bumpers I am curious as to the reasoning other than to differentiate the two models.