Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Chrysler Sale Figures (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/chrysler-sale-figures-65014.html)

Dimes 09-03-2013 06:08 PM

Chrysler Sale Figures

Just saw these numbers today. What stood out is that Chrysler sold 15k JGCs in July - so I guess for all the issues we read about on this fourm, it must be a very small number of vehicles overall with problems.

"Chrysler Group announced its continued streak of year-over-year sales increases with July sales up 11 percent over the same month last year. The auto group turned back the clock to pre-recession sales volumes, posting the best July sales since 2006. Six individual models saw their best-ever July unit volumes, and the Jeep, Dodge and Ram brands each posted year-over-year sales gains over July 2012.
The Jeep brand fared particularly well, with the Jeep Grand Cherokee up 30 percent over the same month last year to 15,019 units sold. Overall, the brand sold 42,277 vehicles last month, the best July sales since 2005. Each of Jeep's four models currently in production saw increases over the previous July, with the Jeep Wrangler up 18 percent, the Compass up 27 percent and the Patriot up 29 percent."

Here's a link to the full article: Chrysler Group Reports Sales Gains for 40th Straight Month - World News Report

acilate 09-03-2013 06:57 PM

Re: Chrysler Sale Figures

Just wait till they see the August numbers! :lol:

jacko15 09-03-2013 07:04 PM

I think that's good news for everyone! Chrysler and it's employees, owners, and the economy in general. It looks like American manufacturers can still get it right.

vnbWK2 09-03-2013 07:37 PM

That's great for Chrysler, but geez pay more attention to quality control. Ahem....body panel misalignment, window seal,s ect.....

TurboRush 09-04-2013 07:58 AM

Window seals aren't important... my interior gets washed for free every time it rains.

padgett 09-04-2013 08:11 AM

That sounds like about 100,000 '14 GCs sold by now and while we have seen quite a few issues, the number of vehicles reported here is probably in the teens so probably under a tenth of a per cent of the total.

Now all it takes is about a 5% error rate for a car to be considered a small citrus fruit but doubt that the '14s are anywhere near.

IInteresting thing is that reports of 11-13 V6 heads has dropped dramatically which means either the incidence is down or dealers fix immediately so do not see here.

jacko15 09-04-2013 09:43 AM

Owners of a '14 JGC who do not read any forums are probably ecstatic about this vehicle. Aside from a few glitches in a fundamentally cutting edge infotainment system, and "maybe" a few tweaks in the software of a world class drivetrain, my experience has been first rate. I'm sure my experience is being duplicated daily all over the place by tens of thousands of other owners.

bill_de 09-04-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 887459)
Owners of a '14 JGC who do not read any forums are probably ecstatic about this vehicle. Aside from a few glitches in a fundamentally cutting edge infotainment system, and "maybe" a few tweaks in the software of a world class drivetrain, my experience has been first rate. I'm sure my experience is being duplicated daily all over the place by tens of thousands of other owners.

That pretty much sums it up for me. The first time I got the Christmas tree dash (long before it became popular) I was very concerned. But even then it turned out to be a non-event. It happened once more and was fixed.

Other than that it is just a question of having to press extra buttons once in a while.

---

Scottina06 09-04-2013 09:58 AM

JNAP built 24,344 wk2's in July(150,364 through July)

6831 Durangos(40,896 thru July)